iPad in China

Reaction score
My iPad still says it is in China according to UPS's website. Yet, a co-worker of mine says his is in Kentucky. Is anyone else having the same experience??? And does anyone know if I should be worried??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
I wouldn't be worried, UPS is a 24x7 operation.

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
I wouldn't worry. I was tracking my iPad a few days ago, and it got from China to Louisville, KY in no time, then to my home city, then all the sudden the tracker reset back to China. I'm sure your iPad is just sitting tight in your area at your local UPS distribution center waiting to be shipped out the day of April 3rd.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
32G iPad
Mine has been in China for 2 days its not going to be delivered. Till Monday

Reaction score
Right now all the iPads are being held either in Kentucky or at larger local hubs. This prevents the accidental early delivers. UPS has no way to store large orders at the local centers.
Apple stores will get them tomorrow (Friday).
I have three apple stores that are served by my center. Should be interesting sort day tomorrow.
But have to wait until Saturday.

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I wouldn't worry. I was tracking my iPad a few days ago, and it got from China to Louisville, KY in no time, then to my home city, then all the sudden the tracker reset back to China. I'm sure your iPad is just sitting tight in your area at your local UPS distribution center waiting to be shipped out the day of April 3rd.

I was really curious about why the UPS tracker said my iPad was in China, got to my local UPS hub, then the tracker updated again having my iPad back in China. I was reading comments on a blog, and it turns out that the earlier tracking was the paperwork being sent out ahead of the iPad for customs and what not. So the newly tracked info is the iPad.

Also, the commenter mentioned that UPS said that all customers will get there iPad on Saturday, regardless if they live in an area that doesn't have Saturday shipping.

http://www.tuaw.com/2010/03/31/track-an-ipad-from-shenzhen-to-you/2#comments

Reaction score
Mine still says China. It has been saying the same thing since 3/30. No changes at all. Frustrating as anything.

I have had the same thing happen in the past where it didn't update anything until the day after delivery. I am still hopeful that everything is going as planned and I will get it tomorrow morning. I already have some apps downloaded and ready to go.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
32G iPad
Still in China really hope it makes it by Monday.I think they held mine and pushed. The sat deliver s through.
However Ups claimed mine would be delivered Saturday also.

OP
silverdesk84
Reaction score
My iPad STILL says it is in China. According to UPS (after calling) my iPad will be delivered on Monday. According to Dustin at Apple... I have nothing to worry about and my iPad WILL be delivered tommorow (Sat. April 3rd), and that UPS has no idea what they are talking about. He also stated that Apple paid a whole lot of money to make the Saterday delivery possible , and if UPS does not make 99.9% of the deliverys with Sat. delivery available that their will be a huge fine. I have not seen anyone else post that type of comment so I hope good ol' Dustin is speaking the truth

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
32G iPad
Spoke to a friend who is a biggie at UPS inter. If your ipad states it's in china it's not,its in the US.
There was a security breach.people who got the letter from apple will be getting the ipads Monday.
Everyone will not be receiving them on saturday.
So my wait continues. ...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
32G iPad
If you have an exception your ipod will be there monday

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
My iPad STILL says it is in China. According to UPS (after calling) my iPad will be delivered on Monday. According to Dustin at Apple... I have nothing to worry about and my iPad WILL be delivered tommorow (Sat. April 3rd), and that UPS has no idea what they are talking about. He also stated that Apple paid a whole lot of money to make the Saterday delivery possible , and if UPS does not make 99.9% of the deliverys with Sat. delivery available that their will be a huge fine. I have not seen anyone else post that type of comment so I hope good ol' Dustin is speaking the truth

That's really interesting. I'd believe the Apple employee over the UPS one. I doubt UPS would admit that they'd be fined for not meeting their Saturday deliveries.
There was a security breach.

Any details?! :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
32G iPad
Could not pull that info out of him I thought my ipad was still in China has something to do with the tracking.

Reaction score
My tracking info updated. Went from being in China to my local hub. Just waiting for it to show "Out for Delivery". Should be good though. Fingers crossed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
32G iPad
Yea I posted that yesterday. They were not updating. Shipping info

Reaction score
Yea. I just wanted to update my last post by letting others know that my info changed. Didn't show anything up until 2 hours ago. Now I am just watching out for UPS.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
I'm not sure which is worse:

Wading through the crowd at the store or waiting with baited breath hoping that you're not last on the list of today's deliveries in your area.

But then, if some of us weren't acting like little kids on Christmas day...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.