Anyone jumping on the MacWorld Bundle for $49?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac Retina 5K/3.4GHz Core i5/256GB SSD/40GB DDR4/Logitech MX Master 2S/
One of my buddies sent me the link tonight... Parallels is the main feature, but you get a load of other apps as well. The deal ends at midnight. I just don't know whether I'd go Parallels or VM Fusionware if I was (and I am) going to install Windows on my iMac.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
I looked at it, and Parallels was the only intriguing SW..but I use VirtualBox and that fits my needs perfectly..so I think I'll skip this bundle and see what else is around..

Regards

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
One of my buddies sent me the link tonight... Parallels is the main feature, but you get a load of other apps as well. The deal ends at midnight. I just don't know whether I'd go Parallels or VM Fusionware if I was (and I am) going to install Windows on my iMac.

Hey you're supposed to include a link when you start a "teaser" thread like this!;)

http://www.macrumors.com/2008/01/14/macheist-macworld-expo-software-bundle/

Like "Raz0rEdge" mentioned...a lot of the bundled apps are not that exciting (IMHO).

- Nick

OP
drgrafix
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac Retina 5K/3.4GHz Core i5/256GB SSD/40GB DDR4/Logitech MX Master 2S/
I bought it. Hydra was interesting as was the Timeline piece. It's not a bad deal and I figured I could blow $50 on a meal I might not even enjoy. Here's the link:

MacWorld Spring $49.99 Promo

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
20100401-ebk8ue93wfiy6q5w8f92rwc3tj.jpg

Well if this is true, my calculations make they are $1.7 Mill windfall

HAHA love marketing strategies

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
I jumped on that deal a few days ago but hadn't bothered to install the apps yet. Now that I have a need to run XP more often I installed Parallels last night. I had also installed an earlier version of Fusion and I upgraded that so I can compare the two and see which one I prefer.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2
I got on the deal. I wanted to compare Parallels to VMware for bootcamp. Parallels does seem faster so right now I'd recommend getting Parallels if you are looking for a Virtual machine solution. The only reason I have vmware is my company has supported vmware and I have images available without conversion. In vmware it seems to take forever after boot before the VM becomes usable. Parallels - seems to come up a lot faster and react faster. So if you are looking for looking for a VM solution $50 isn't a bad price for just Parallels alone.

Hydra is interesting, timeline 3d, foreversave aren't bad. Back in Time is a good interface to time machine. Anyway for $50 for just Parallels is pretty good by itself.

C

chas_m

1. This is a promo from MacUpdate.com, not MacWorld.

2. The BeeDocs Timeline program is AMAZING if you need it ... worth the price of the bundle by itself.

3. WebSnapper is nice too, as is Back-in-Time, and heaven knows many of us could use SpellCatcher ... :)

It's certainly worth the $50 if you're going to use the programs. Parallels isn't my favourite Windows emulator, but I don't use one at all so what do I know? :)

Reaction score
Nope, only Parallels is the software I would have spent that money on but I already have it so I am going to pass...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Model Identifier: iMac9,1 Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo Processor Speed: 2.66 GHz
This is basically just a deal to sell Parallels. Useful if you want vm software. I use VMFusion and, contrary to earlier reports on the list I find that it runs fine - you don't need to use Boot Camp to install it, it just installs as another app and then runs whatever OS you want - Windows, Linux, whatever - crucially for some, the latest version of VMFusion runs Windows 7. You could also try Virtual Box, recommended above, because it's free and that would save you the $49.99 :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.