yahoonews is giving me the wrong local news

Reaction score
on a laptop i own my firefox 3.6 homepage is set to yahoonews;
it is giving me the local news for sunnyvale CA even though i am on the eastern coast;
i restarted the computer, no open ports on my router when i scan with nmap, no port forwarding or vpn set up, other computers in the house are not having the same issue;

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2009 Macbook Pro 2.26, 160gb HD, 2gb RAM, OSX 10.6; Emac 1.42ghz 80gb HD 2gb RAM OSX 10.5
Did you change your default city on yahoo? Mine was like that when I first got my macbook pro, and I changed it on the city dropdown.

OP
B
Reaction score
there is a link right above the local news that says "change location"
hovering over it says: news dot yahoo dot com/#changelocation
when i click it just reloads the same page;
weird
what else would i look for to change default city?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2009 Macbook Pro 2.26, 160gb HD, 2gb RAM, OSX 10.6; Emac 1.42ghz 80gb HD 2gb RAM OSX 10.5
Not really sure.

You should be able to click the arrow next to the location and it will pop up where you can put in your zip code and select a box to set it as your default location. If it's not loading, maybe it's an issue with your browser? I'm on my work PC (windows), but I checked and it worked fine for me.

OP
B
Reaction score
i was able to find a another link to point me to local news and it detects my correct location, but after messing with this page for a while, home page is still sunnyvale CA local news;
weirdness;
peace out space pope

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.