Got my Mac Mini today.

B

BEEEsH

I got the 1.25 with 512 ram.

Very kewl, it came with tiger as well.

Current Status = Very happy.

I'll be putting on the MS work suites (word, excell, ppt) and the Adobe CS (not 2) stuff on as well. Then all I need is QuarkeXpress.

I'll probably need more ram won't I?

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Congrst on your new system

OP
Z

zap2

the more ram the better( 512 should be good but if u have the cash for 1gb get it)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad 32 GB 3G
BEEEsH said:
I got the 1.25 with 512 ram.

Very kewl, it came with tiger as well.

Current Status = Very happy.

I'll be putting on the MS work suites (word, excell, ppt) and the Adobe CS (not 2) stuff on as well. Then all I need is QuarkeXpress.

I'll probably need more ram won't I?

More memory is allways better. The best you can do on the mini is 1GB, and unfortunately, there is only one memory slot. This means if you want to upgrade, you'll have to buy a 1 gig DIMM and replace the 512 that you allready have. You can do this yourself, though it is a slight pain to get the case open. And I think Apple has said you can replace the memory yourself and not void the warranty, so long as you don't break anything doing it.

Anyways, crucial is selling the 1 gig DIMMS you need for about $110.

OP
M

menace3054

dan828 said:
More memory is allways better. The best you can do on the mini is 1GB, and unfortunately, there is only one memory slot. This means if you want to upgrade, you'll have to buy a 1 gig DIMM and replace the 512 that you allready have. You can do this yourself, though it is a slight pain to get the case open. And I think Apple has said you can replace the memory yourself and not void the warranty, so long as you don't break anything doing it.

Anyways, crucial is selling the 1 gig DIMMS you need for about $110.

newegg constantly has specials on pc3200, 1gb (512x2) for 70 bucks. its corsair value select, your should check them out

OP
B

BEEEsH

^^^
it needs 1 dimm though.

I've scoped out the prices and things like that and i think i'm comfortable with 110. I have to admit though, the computer is running tip top, even with all my programs installed and such. I generally run 3-4 things at once, 2 of them being PSCS and Illustrator CS.

I was wondering, bestbuy sells the wireless airport extreme cards for like $100, can these be installed into the mini? Or does the mini use its own seperate system that you'll have to take to the apple store for installation?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad 32 GB 3G
BEEEsH said:
^^^
it needs 1 dimm though.

I've scoped out the prices and things like that and i think i'm comfortable with 110. I have to admit though, the computer is running tip top, even with all my programs installed and such. I generally run 3-4 things at once, 2 of them being PSCS and Illustrator CS.

I was wondering, bestbuy sells the wireless airport extreme cards for like $100, can these be installed into the mini? Or does the mini use its own seperate system that you'll have to take to the apple store for installation?

The mini uses a different set up. They are hard to find, but I was able to pick up a bluetooth/airport mini upgrade for $129 Canadian from here:

http://www.vistek.ca/details/detail_over.asp?eCode=220182&TYPE=&Specs=N&Box=N

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.