• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Mac Mini Question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMac 21.5'' 3.06ghz, Mac Pro 2.66ghzx4, Powermac G4 1.25ghz, IMac 17'' 1.8ghz
I am just going to go to the ground basic questions that i need answered about Final Cut Studio 2 and the New Mac Mini 2.53 ghz, 4gig ram.

-Will the Mac Mini render basic effects in real time such as Cross Dissolve, Titles, 3 way Color corrector, ext. ?

-Can I playback 1080i video in the timeline in realtime with basic effects?

-Will it take over 1 hour to render 3 minutes of HDV Video?

-Is this mac suitable for making 10 minute 1080i videos in FCP?

thanks

Reaction score
No, all Mac Mini has is FW800 for external Scratch Drive, and that will not support HD video editing. This is a duplicate post, BTW.

Reaction score
No, all Mac Mini has is FW800 for external Scratch Drive, and that will not support HD video editing. This is a duplicate post, BTW.

100% false as I stated earlier, I edit professional on a Mac Mini, MBP and Mac Pro.

It truly amazes me how people think that just because THEY cannot do it that it cannot be done....

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.