iTunes artwork problem

Reaction score
When I rip a CD, iTunes used to provide cover art, but no longer does so, even when the CD is available on iTunes. I used Album Artwork Assistant to get some of these missing covers, but now it won't paste them when it finds them - it says there is a parameter error, or that it can't get track id 2442 of playlist id 2094. Since I haven't got any playlists this is a puzzle. Any ideas?

C

chas_m

The Album Artwork Assistant is likely out of date, but I can say that iTunes still provides cover art for me when I call upon it.

Also, iTunes won't return results if the name in the Album and Artist field aren't a) filled out and b) spelled correctly (including capitals).

Now that I come to write this out, I'm not sure if iTunes will try to provide cover art if the song format is MP3 either. I'll have to test that one ...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2009 Macbook Pro 2.26, 160gb HD, 2gb RAM, OSX 10.6; Emac 1.42ghz 80gb HD 2gb RAM OSX 10.5
It'll do mp3, because it gathered the art for the new AVA album, The Slip by NIN, and In Rainbows by Radiohead. All free albums, released on mp3, and artwork gathered by iTunes.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.