Not loading ONE website?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac, 3.06Ghz, 4MB Ram, 1TB HDD
Just got a new iMac a few weeks ago and I'm having a slight issue. It wont load one particular website, actually the forum section of one particular website. It wont load it in Safari, Firefox or even in IE using Windows Vista with Parallels. It loads fine on my Windows desktop? It happened completely randomly, I did not add a new application, or update Firefox, and then it stopped working or anything like that.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Are you asking a question? If so, what's the URL of the forum section of the site that won't load so we can test it?

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Pro 12.9 latest iOS
Site opens without any problems on Safari.

nice quads btw.

Cheers ... McBie

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2015 15" rMBP, 2.8GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 512GB Storage, AMD Radeon R9 M370X, 10.11.1
can you give us a screenshot of what it looks like when it doesn't load? It works fine for me, so I don't know what you're seeing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Try clearing caches and removing all history - see if that helps.

Reaction score
yeah... cleaning caches and deleting those internet temporary files might help...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
The website works for me.
But I have the same issue. One websiter (but a different one will not load for me either). Loads for others but not for me. Very strange. I was told a site's security might think one speciaif or some specific IP's are a trogan or something and block that IP's access to that one website for you.

And for me this is what I get when I try to load the one website I can not access.
"The connection has timed out
The server is taking too long to respond."

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
Loaded in Safari fine here.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Yeah, I need to know whats going on so I can fix it.

Opens fine for me using Safari 4.05 from Snow Leopard. I haven't tried it with IE 8 from Win 7 yet but I expect it'll be OK there too.

Do as suggested and clear your browsing history, cache, and cookies. See if that helps. Or, you can do a reset from Safari preferences.

Regards.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I cleared the history and everything yesterday evening and it was still doing the same thing. But now today its working as normal? Hopefully it will stay working.

Thanks for the help everyone!

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
May have jumped the gun.

It would bring up the main forum page. But if I tried to access any page off of that it would never load. I was able to log in, but now I'm back to not being able to access the main page.

Does this mean this is a issue with their forum blocking me? It works on the Windows PC, I would think it would block that too?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Just this morning i had the same issue - visiting the Brother website to find a firmware update, having found it had to leave for a couple of hours. When i returned there was no way to get back to the website let alone the download page. Cleared caches and still would not load- Very odd.

and then coming back to same link after a couple of hours and it worked no problem and i had done nothing more to my system.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
BTT. I'm still having this issue. Need it fixed ASAP.

C

chas_m

This could be a font issue. Google "readability," add it as a bookmark to your bookmarks bar, then try going into the suspect page that way.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
chas I just tried that, but you need to load the page then click the link in your book marks. I can't load the page to begin with.

I don't know how it could be a network issue. Lets recap here.

I have one wired router for directing my internet to one PC and two wireless routers. The site loads fine on the PC connected directly to the router, and on other wireless devices connected to the two wireless routers. But the iMac will not load this website no matter what I connect it to. directly to the modem, the wired router, or either of the two wireless routers.
It will not load in safari, firefox or in IE using Parallels. I have tried clearing cookies, and cache and restarting and resetting etc. etc etc. It will NOT load.

However, what I have noticed is that if I'm logged out, it will load the forum home page. But nothing else. The actual website (High Lifter - The Leader In Custom After-Market ATV Accessories) loads fine. And as long as I'm logged out it will load the forum index. After that, nothing loads. I have also noticed that sometimes if I leave it load for an extended period of time, it will load the page. But it wont be right, there will be text over pictures and things like that.

Reaction score
OK recap...

When you connect directly to the modem do you get a valid IP address from the ISP? Do you get a valid DNS server from the ISP? Can you ping a web address from a console?

Simply telling us that it can't load a WEB page means nothing to me other than your computer isn't communicating correctly on the network. Usually this is a fault of improper TCPIP settings.

Go into Network Prefs, select Ethernet, and make sure that there are no bad settings in there. If there are any entries under DNS, remove them and make sure that TCPIP is set to DHCP. Lastly, make sure that you don't have any proxies set...

You can also use the Network utilities to see if you can even ping the router.

FYI being logged out and the page loading only means that it is using cache....

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It connects to the internet and routers fine. I can surf all other websites flawlessly except forums.highlifter.com
It has a valid IP.

There is one entry in DNS, I will try removing it. The TCIP is set to DCHP. I will also check the proxies.

Reaction score
I think that I need better glasses. Sorry I missed the point in your very first post that all other sites work fine.

This is a strange one for sure, especially if it won't load in different browsers. Can you post a pic of what you do get? That might help for us to help you a bit.

Do you have any type of firewall software installed or even malware installed that might be blocking it. I'm grasping at straws here...

Also, have you tried to reset Safari?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.