Use IPhone in Australia

Reaction score
Can I use my IPhone (from the USA) in Australia?
What do I have to do to make it work?
Costs?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
Costs?

Your either going to use your carrier and pay roaming costs, Or the much cheaper option would be to unlock it and then buy an Australian pre-pay simcard when you get there.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac 27 I5-MBA 13-Ipad 2 Iphone 4 -ATV 2G
Costs?

just jailbreak with blackrain & snowbreeze to unlock,its free,then you can use any sim anywhere in the world.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air 1.6 Ghz, 80GB HDD and a *shiver* desktop pc
I agree. A quick backup, then jailbreak. A quick google search will find numerous tutorials. You can also look on youtube for video guides. I'd recommend picking up an Optus or Telstra 'sim pack' when you get to Australia. They have coverage pretty much everywhere and will include credit when you purchase them. Pretty much every shopping center will have on of the two, if not both, in them. They usually range from $10-$30 AUD, and generally come with that amount of credit. Watch out for data costs though, they can get pretty high.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.