Video comparison

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5", 3.06 GHz intel Core 2 duo, ATI Radeon HD 4670 graphics with 256MB
Where can I find a comparison of the video cards in the macbook pro vs the video cards in the imac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10
Here's another thing to consider - mobile chipsets are usually fairly good reductions compared to their desktop counterparts (whether it be speed, pipelines, etc.) - I know in the MBP it's using a mobile chipset. In the iMac, I'm not sure - they are labeling it as a ATI Radeon 4xxx HD - the mobile version is specifically named ATI Mobility Radeon - so unless you can confirm which version of ATI is really in the iMac, it will be even harder to compare because comparing laptop to desktop video chipsets is almost like comparing apples to oranges because you'd have to convert for equivalents.

If it's all notebook based chipsets, and if you're looking for a gaming comparison, you can check here which splits off the GPUs into tiers:

Notebookcheck: Comparison of Graphic Cards

OP
N
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5", 3.06 GHz intel Core 2 duo, ATI Radeon HD 4670 graphics with 256MB
I had heard somewhere that a macbook pro would be better suited for gaming than the imac. I am not overly concerned, I was just trying to find some numbers to look at. Thanks for those links

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2
You are a little wrong in your summation of that article you linked. It's nothing to do with Macbook Pros. That article is imac vs Mac Pro. And it basically says im most categories the i7 is the way better machine. At half the cost.

I said that in my summation - but it may not have been clear. I say it is the imac vs the pro - meaning the Mac Pro. That being said my summation is that if the imac is faster than the Mac Pro - by extension the imac is faster than the macbook pro as the macbookpro has mobile graphics and mobile processors, whereas the Mac Pro and Imac are desktop models which in pretty much every case is faster than the mobile version. Feel free to link to any articles showing a benchmark where the current model Macbook Pro is faster than the current Mac Pro. Hopefully that clears up that summation.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.