Mac book pro

Reaction score
hello guys

im an new to this forum and if this thread is not right for this section sry for thta....
i got an vista laptop......which is broken ....now i am planning to buy an mac book pro...

so i am very new to mac....so i like to know...abt the mac book pro(not in terms of specification)

basic advantages and disadvantages of mac book pro
and can i use the mac book pro like windows system in terms of software and games....

I am a student so i need to install a large and new software which i use in ma university can i install all products which is available to windows ......

i know i can install xp in mac book pro....pls explain how and links to tutorial is appreciated..........pls help.....

i am in panic.....which one should i go for as i could not afford to change laptops ofen...pls suggest me good advice to procedd

thanks for ur help........

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, Power Mac G4, iMac G3, iPhone 3GS
Get any of the MacBooks. They'll all be perfectly fine. Multiple solutions exist for running Windows on your Macintosh, but they all suck because they require using Windows.

If you absolutely must, I suggest running Windows Vista or 7 because they aren't useless piles of junk like the ancient Windows XP.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac * 2.8 Ghz Intel Core i7 * 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 * 1TB HD *AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB
No disadvantages that I can think of. Just don't expect to work just like Windows. Most of the important software you use on Windows can be found for Mac, or a reasonable equivalent (OpenOffice or Microsoft Office for Mac) and there is no real equivalent on a Windows machine for iLife (GarageBand, iMovie, iDVD, Time Machine, etc). If you really need Windows in order to use a program, you can use Boot Camp to create a Windows partition on your Macbook's hard drive and use virtualization software like Fusion or Parallels to run Windows right from OS X, or even boot into Windows natively. You can find tutorials about running windows on your Mac here:

Apple - Find Out How - Mac Basics

As for which Macbook to get, only you can answer that because only you know what you'll be doing with it. You can see a comparison of the models here:
Apple - Mac - Which MacBook are you? - Comparison Chart

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook : 2.26ghz,2gb ram and love it
I defo agree with using Vista or Win 7 on boot camp. Windows xp is crap and is like nearly a decade old.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I've been considering installing Windows XP on my MBP via Bootcamp. The main reason why I wanted to install Windows XP was to be able to run all of those older $10.00 "bargain bin" Windows XP games from 5+ years ago.

You know...all of those cool games that were never published/available for the Macintosh. So they would be brand new games to me!:)

- Nick

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Windows XP is NOT crap.... It's actually still the most popular Windows operating system ever and there are easily millions upon millions of copies still in use.

AND... unless you have some piece of hardware from Mars, it'll run on Windows XP. Both Vista and Windows 7 can be a headache trying to find drivers - especially for older hardware. And let's not forget the annoying UAC which most folks wind up turning off. :Angry-Tongue:

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in MBP 2.5GHz Core2Duo | 1.83Ghz Dual G5 PowerMac | 2.0 GHz Dual G5 PowerMac
Yea XP isn't crap at all, I use XP on a virtual machine, though I do use Windows 7 with Bootcamp for the intensive programs. Sann, it really all depends on these programs that you are planning on running form your school, do they need high specifications to run, if so, use Bootcamp and if not, try a virtual machine like Parallels or VMWare Fusion.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac * 2.8 Ghz Intel Core i7 * 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 * 1TB HD *AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB
I think XP is the pinnacle of Windows' achievement.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.