Battery problem with Iphone 3gs

Reaction score
I live in Thailand and bought my jailbroken Iphone 3gs last nov. I have never updated it but i noticed that on the new update got the Iphone through Itunes that one of the problems they solved was fluctuating battery readings. Only last week mine started to do this. It will say it has 20% left then when i plug it in it jumps to 80%.

I am online with my phone a lot but never use it for email or much else.

Any ideas?

Edit= It is the 3gs 16gb
version= 3.1.2 (7D11)
Firmware= 05.11.07

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
When you plug in the charger into the iPhone, it should jump a little from where it is since it's getting a huge rush of current in one shot, I'd totally expect a 10-15% bump from where you are the moment you plug the charger in..but 20 to 80% is too dramatic.

Regards

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
You would need to upgrade to 3.1.3 while preserving your 5.11.07

If you go to Apple, iPhone & iPad News | Forums | ModMyi.com

They can help you with this process. Be careful If you update your modem firmware you loose your unlock, possibly forever....

OP
Bahja
Reaction score
When you plug in the charger into the iPhone, it should jump a little from where it is since it's getting a huge rush of current in one shot, I'd totally expect a 10-15% bump from where you are the moment you plug the charger in..but 20 to 80% is too dramatic.

Regards

Mate you just hit the nail on the head. It’s Thailand electric system. It’s terrible, the current ins’t stable, there’s no earths for house electrics etc. Thanks.

OP
Bahja
Reaction score
You would need to upgrade to 3.1.3 while preserving your 5.11.07

If you go to Apple, iPhone & iPad News | Forums | ModMyi.com

They can help you with this process. Be careful If you update your modem firmware you loose your unlock, possibly forever....

Thanks mate. I don’t use my phone for all that much so there is no need for me to update. My next Iphone update will be when i buy a new Iphone. If you read my reply above you will see it’s is probably down to unstable Thai electrics.

Thanks for the reply though..........

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.