Keynote Sound Help

P

patmort02

I's using my new 15 inch powerbook (which I love) to create a keynote presentation for school. I would like to insert a sound file, which is simple enough, however I want it to start about a minute into the song. Is there any way to do this? Thanks in advance for the help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
that I know of, there is no way to do that in keynote 1 or 2, you could trim the audio first in garageband or itunes, or qt pro, or some other audio app.

OP
P

patmort02

How do i open a song in itunes? It doesnt seem to want to let me open the song i want to edit.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple iMAC Core Duo (20"/1gb/250/SD/BT/AP)
Microsoft PowerPoint 2004

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
powerpoint sux compared to keynote,
patmort02, what format is the audio you are trying to use?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
and it wont open in itunes? where did you get that file?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
it wont open in g band, you need to create a new file, then drag and drop onto garage bands window over a track.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
If it's a song you purchased from iTunes, it's in a protected format and you can't edit it in GarageBand.

Not that I would advise this :), you could rip it back to MP3 format so that you can edit it.

OP
P

patmort02

Thanks for the help so far. I was just wondering how I would go about importing the edited track to keynote. I cut down the start time to where i wanted in itunes, and that works fine for that, however when i import it to keynote, it starts back to the beginning of the song. I then went to garageband and edited it there, however now i cant seem to be able to import the edited file to keynote. Please help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ok, in garageband, click file>export to itunes I think, then, once in itunes, you can convert it to something else, or find in in your itunes music library folder as an mp3.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.