More Memory

Reaction score
I am going to go ahead and start adding more memory.
Do any of the Apple Stores let you buy memory from there store
and take it home an install it yourself?

Thanks for letting a noobee ask a dumb question.

Peace....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2009 Macbook Pro 2.26, 160gb HD, 2gb RAM, OSX 10.6; Emac 1.42ghz 80gb HD 2gb RAM OSX 10.5
I know they'll do installs, but I don't know about buying it and taking it home. I don't know pricing through the apple store, but I've always heard it's notoriously expensive. I do know it's a good value to buy ram at fry's or someplace and install it yourself, and apple has a diagram and directions on their website.

Reaction score
Install yourself...I went from 2G to 6G (max I could go on Macbook Pro I have). Bought from OWC, good price & fast. Sent directions as well.

HINT: MAKE SURE YOU HAVE CORRECT TOOLS to take off back of puter...DO NOT STRIP the SCREWS. Easy to do, so AGAIN, find a phillips screw driver that is SMALL, SUPER SMALL or you'll screw yourself big time.

Reaction score
Oh, increased speed considerable w/ my upgrade from 2 to 6G...well worth it & highly recommend especially for resource hogs like Aperture...

GLUCK

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook : 2.26ghz,2gb ram and love it
I would never buy RAM from Apple. They are a rip off when it comes to that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15 inch 2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 4 Gigs of ram
I would never buy RAM from Apple. They are a rip off when it comes to that.

I completely agree! Do a quick search for RAM through google and you will find a lot of wholesalers who sell it for dirt cheap. As for installing it yourself, I hear it isn't that difficult, but then again, I have never done it. Hope this helps.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac
not so much anymore... Apple charges 100 bucks for the RAM if you get it when you buy the MB, and crucial charges 112 for a 2x2GB of DDR3 upgrade.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Yes but with Apple it's you have to have the cash upfront but you can save up and buy whenever you want to if you chose to go the non Apple route.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.