My airport is not working at home

Reaction score
Hello
I cannot connect to my airport at home. I can connect everywhere else but it seems impossible to connect there. Here are some screenshots of what appears to be the problem, it something related to the IP address, what can I do?
Thank you

Picture 1.png

Attachments

• Picture 2.png
    Picture 2.png
    12.9 KB · Views: 3
  • Picture 3.png
    Picture 3.png
    78.7 KB · Views: 5
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air - 128 GB SSD, 2.13GHz intel duel core, 2GB Ram
have you tried turning your router off and on?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Do any other computers at home work on your wireless network...or just this laptop (I'm assuming it's a laptop since you haven't told us).

- Nick

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You need to provide us with hardware information before we can adequately offer help. What version of OS X are you running? Are you using a router? Cable modem?

You've definitely got some strange settings for the iPv4 address and also the iPv6 address. I've never seen those addresses before...

Where it says "Configure iPv6 address", set it to automatic. Also make sure your router is using DHCP and obtaining an IP address automatically.

Regards.

OP
Z
Reaction score
Yes it is a laptop. PoweBook G4 running Mac OS X (version 10.4.11)
All the other computers in my house are working (laptops and desktops), its only this laptop that isn't working. I am actually using it right now from school and it runs perfectly.
I am pretty sure it is a problem with the laptop because everything else in the house is working very well.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2
Usually when you get a self assigned IP address it means that you connect to a network but you can't get to a dhcp server.

I've seen this happen in stuff like connecting to an open network but you need to login like in a hotel.

The second place I've seen this occur is with extenders that fall off the network. For example, I have an airport express that keeps dropping off the network but is still setup as a repeater. A computer will connect to the express but since it is off the main network the computer never gets a proper IP address and can't really connect to the network.

The third place I have seen this is if your wireless security isn't setup. I.E. you try to log into a network and you have the proper password so it connects, but you have MAC address filtering on - so you aren't allowed to get an IP address, or vice versa.

It looks like you are trying to connect through wifi - have you tried wired connection first to see if that works. If it does - look to authentication or a bad repeater. If that is all valid, it could be you need an update. For example your computer is a G4 which is pretty old - are you sure it supports the wireless security you have on your router?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.