Just installed windows 7, games dont work.

Reaction score
So i just got my imac yesterday and today i put on windows 7 through boot camp, it seems to run fine programs seem to run fine, but i cannot run a single "true" game. I have tried Counterstrike source, Day of Defeat, Americas Army, etc, but non of them work. CSS doesnt even open and Day of Defeat just gets to the Intro Credits.

Anyway on another site i was asked to post my DxDiag info and apparently i "didn't install any device drivers for video card or motherboard. Doesn't look like audio drivers are installed either." How can i fix this? please help this is a big deal.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
A very long and unnecessary post. Please read and follow the Boot Camp assistant installation instructions, especially the part about installing drivers from your Snow Leopard installation DVD.

Briefly: Boot to Windows 7, insert your Snow Leopard DVD. It should auto play and install Boot Camp 3.0 drivers. After drivers are installed, go to the Apple web site and download Boot Camp 3.1.

Note that there are two versions of BC 3.1; 32 bit and 64 bit. Download which ever refers to which version of Windows 7 you installed. Installation has to be done from within Windows 7 as the file is a Win executable.

After the update, you should be able to play all your games.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacOS Sonoma
Correct, you are missing the drivers required by Windows esp. Graphics and sound drivers.
Standard SVGA graphics drivers will not allow games to work.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.