• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Just got a magic mouse

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (late 2009) with Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.2
Well, after days of asking for one, I finally got a Magic Mouse. It is alittle awkward to use but I am sure that I will get used to it. Love it anyway.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
VZW iPhone 4 64gb Ipad 13" White Macbook * WD 500GB HD 80GB Ipod Classic
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15 inch 2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 4 Gigs of ram
How do you like it? Is it worth the 70 bucks? I've been tempted but 70 dollars is a lot for a mouse. Come with extra services (if you know what I mean)?

OP
Chasingu
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
How do you like it? Is it worth the 70 bucks? I've been tempted but 70 dollars is a lot for a mouse. Come with extra services (if you know what I mean)?
Well, I used a 29$ best buy gift card and my parents paid for the rest. But, I would say at first, like first hour, it might seem like you don't like it. But you get really used to it really fast. It is great. I love it. It was totally worth it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac

70 bucks is pretty average for a high mid-end mouse retail.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Where do I Start! How about Latest Purchase iPad 32gig WiFi, 27" iMac, 17" MacBook Pro,No more Room?
Learning Curve

Every time i go to the Apple store I plan to buy one. Then i play with the demo models and just can't seem to get the hang of it. How do you like it so far? Is it getting easier? I am using a Bamboo tablet right now works just like a Track Pad. Would you say it's worth switching ?

Thanks Dennis

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
The scroll up has once again gone out on my Mighty Mouse. I'm trying to decide if I want to go with the Magic Mouse of just some other kind. I really don't want to lose Expose. Can you program other mice with that function?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
The scroll up has once again gone out on my Mighty Mouse. I'm trying to decide if I want to go with the Magic Mouse of just some other kind. I really don't want to lose Expose. Can you program other mice with that function?

Yes, with Steermouse. As a matter of fact, the Magic Mouse can be programmed to do Expose functions with a third party driver too.

Reaction score
Awesome... I got one about a month ago. It was a little awkward at first but I love it now! I've used it most days and it's still on 81% battery :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
I love this mouse too. It just feels really right in my hand. Mind you I'm still waiting for the wired version of this mouse. That's what I hope Apple releases soon.

Reaction score
Have been using one for about a month now and to be honest if the mighty mouse had been more reliable I would of stayed with it. The magic mouse works find but to be honest I miss the ability to program the side squeeze of the mouse to open a specific program. The touch aspect though does work fine on the magic mouse.

OP
Chasingu
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I have gotten so used to it. I am flying threw webpages. I also love the back and forward motions. I haven't tried out the 3rd Party Drivers yet...

As for Expose, I always used the icon on the keyboard so I really don't need that feature.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac , 24" iMac , MacBook Pro Unibody , Macbook Air , Macbook , and Mac Mini
I luv the Magic Mouse. It shipped with my 27in iMac,and it's great.
Very responsive,and smooth. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10
I got a Magic Mouse a few weeks ago now, and I'll say I definitely love it. I was going to buy some additional software to enhance the functionality (to give me more motion actions on the mouse) but I found this while looking for software: MagicPrefs - free, and works quite well.

The only flaw I have with it is that I tend to move my mouse between a couple of computers, and MagicPrefs complains about trying to connect to the mouse when it isn't there (just have to temporarily disable MagicPrefs) - other than that (which really is minor) I love the software, and the Magic Mouse. It was definitely weird that first night of ownership, but the more I used it the more I appreciated it.

So, congrats on your new purchase!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Aluminum unibody MBP, Intel core duo 2.4GHz proc, 4MB DDR3 RAM,

My M$ mouse has a 4th button that activates Expose. It's a nice mouse, actually.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5" iMac 3.06; 24" iMac 3.06; MBP 15 i7; 13" Macbook 2.4; 32gb iPodTouch; iMac G4; PowerMac G3&G4
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP, 2.26GHz, 8gb RAM

Mice | AMW43US | by Targus

I have this mouse... granted it's not nearly as nice looking as the Magic Mouse, but it has 360º scrolling and 5 buttons (left, right + 3 programmable to whatever). Definitely worth it! Cheap AA batteries last a while in it too.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.