Windows assumes a cd is hfs

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2008 MBP
I have a game on a CD that is for windows and mac... the problem is when I put it in the macbook running windows xp, the computer only shows the Mac files and says its a HFS format... if I put it in a windows machine it shows the Windows files... what do I need to change so the macbook will stop reading the disk as a Mac format and read it as a windows?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Are you running Windows natively on your MacBook? That is, are you running Windows from a Boot Camp partition or are you using it in a Virtual Machine such as Parallels or Fusion?

If running Windows from a VM, it's likely the game setup is being confused and thinks it's being executed from OS X. Booting Windows natively (Boot Camp) the game would not "think" it's being run from HFS.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.