Got my Powerbook today

P

pankajdubey

Got my Powerbook G4 12.1inch today.
Apple said these will have newer batteries and Tiger : it did.
So much to learn about this system...

I especially love the keyboard..would you believe it?

Sad it will not display portrait mode on my 19 inch LCD and that mu Alcatel USB won't work on Tiger...

more later

Pankaj

not sure if I just keep on adding here or reply to my own post?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
congratulations!!!!!!! if you have any questions, do a search on teh boards, and if you cant find the answer, just ask.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Congrats. Enjoy your new system. :)

OP
C

Cloudane

Congrats! I love my Powerbook 12", it's like my second half (it's no coincidence that I'm single...)

Indeed the keyboard is one of the highlights - most laptop keyboards are a pig to work on, but the Powerbook one feels just like a full size one... love it.

In a way I think it's a shame the bigger models don't have a more spread out keyboard, but then I've never had a problem with the lack of spacing between the keys on this one *shrugs*

OP
P

pankajdubey

After a few days

Thanks everyone, now I have had the PB for 5days now.
I like the keypad, the light weight, screen readability of text and browsers.
The wireless connection was painless and simple.
I have bought virtual PC6 for 45 AU$, I already have W2K. Will try when it arrives.

I always wanted to use ical now that is exactly what I am doing and mail setup was breeze.

I have been a googler before so the spotlight function is really helpful and easy to get used to.

I haven't even tried automation..

I downloaded a colour profile and a software to calibrate it..works fine with me.

:yinyang:

Inability to rotate screen in portrait mode on my Desktop LCD is a pain but I will see how I cope with it.

Battery lasted about 4 hours--not too bad,should last a bit more now(I have switched bluetooth off)

I have been using NeoOffice for opening and editing word documents..works ok for me.

Pankaj

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.