PDA

View Full Version : iphone now or after WWDC

miketobbs
03-16-2010, 09:20 AM
Hi all,

Im new to mac forums -- i have been trying to get some advice if I should upgrade my phone to an iPhone 3GS now or wait to see what the WWDC has to offer. My current phone is a Windows Mob Blackjack 2.
[3-4 month wait for WWDC at time of posting]

Thanks!

Get iPhone now or after WWDC (June 2010) | shouldget (http://shouldget.com/questions/37)

Kash
03-16-2010, 12:33 PM
The question is, can you wait till July?

miketobbs
03-16-2010, 05:25 PM
Kash,

I guess im looking for everyones gut feeling about the significance of the updates that may be announced in June. i know nothing is for sure, but what is everyones gut feeling on this?

Kash
03-16-2010, 06:04 PM
Well there are two scenarios. One, it'll be an incremental update akin to the 3GS update. Or two, it'll be something really awesome as Apple will be responding to all the new Android and Microsoft offerings that are just over the horizon.

I'm personally hoping for scenario #2. If Apple delivers scenario #1, then I'm jumping ship to Android.

bargsbeer
03-16-2010, 06:15 PM
Well there are two scenarios. One, it'll be an incremental update akin to the 3GS update. Or two, it'll be something really awesome as Apple will be responding to all the new Android and Microsoft offerings that are just over the horizon.

I'm personally hoping for scenario #2. If Apple delivers scenario #1, then I'm jumping ship to Android.

I can't see Apple doing a major overhaul to the iPhone. I think it's probably going to be scenario #1, It's possible we could see multiple carriers which would help boost sales.

MYmacROX
03-16-2010, 06:25 PM
Has it been 5 yrs since the iPhone came out? I'm guessing you won't see additional carriers (in the U.S anyways) until 5 years have passed since the first iPhone was released. I'm just guessing here, but I wouldn't be surprised if Apple was locked into a 5 yr deal with AT&T. I could be wrong. I hope I am. I would love to see the iPhone open up to at least Sprint, T-Mobile, and Verizon.

Kash
03-17-2010, 12:52 AM
iPhone came out summer 2007, which means assuming the five year deal is true, that AT&T will retain exclusivity through summer 2012.

Ccab
03-17-2010, 09:45 AM
Did I not read somewhere that the Iphone will be coming to Verizon in June? and what is WWDC? any links or explanation to what this is..never heard of it before.

MYmacROX
03-17-2010, 11:58 AM
Did I not read somewhere that the Iphone will be coming to Verizon in June? and what is WWDC? any links or explanation to what this is..never heard of it before.

Google (http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=WWDC&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8) is your friend. Try it sometime.

Kash
03-17-2010, 12:20 PM
The Nexus One was just made available for AT&T. I am so tempted to buy it, but the price tag and wanting to know what Apple has coming is keeping me from pulling the trigger.