free ipod and printer when you buy a mac???

Reaction score
I know i just posted this as a reply but i decided to make a new thread.

ok so im new on here but i decided to register becuase i need help. So i have enough money for a macbook because im over this FLAMBOYANT pc. My friend who is a big mac wizz tells me i should wait to buy it because in a few months they might make the computers better AND(like last year they gave free printers and ipod touches to students when they bought their macbooks.) i dont care so much about making the computers better because macs are amazing now but he said in like may or june the free ipod and printer for students. idk maybe like a graduation gift for the people going to college like me. See im not sure if this is true since no one outside of apple knows. but theyve been doin it for the past few years and was wandering if i should wait to buy or not? im so impaitient! but dont want to get MY TUTU TIED IN KNOTS! help would be greatly appriecated. THX :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Unibody Macbook (end 2009)
Its very likely that they will, especially if its a yearly pattern. However I think you need to decide what is more important. You have made it quite clear you are set on getting a mac and that the upgrade in specs arent a deal breaker, therefore would an ipod and printer REALLY make you wait an extra 3 to 4 months for your purchase?

If you saw an advert to say "wait and until 2011 to get your macbook and we'll give you it with a 25% discount and free apple care for 3 years" what would you do? If I really needed a macbook now then I certainly wouldnt wait until then to get it. Its a bit extreme but the same scenario. If you need it now, get it now. You wont regret it :)

C

chas_m

Apple has not said whether or not they will do the ipod program again, but i would not bet on it. I recommend that you go with something other than a mac. My friend had a macbook pro for year and once the warranty ran out he started having problems with his battery and then the dvd drive and since it is apple it costs 200 bucks to replace the battery. I on the other hand, I have a sony vaio for 3 years now and it has newer broken down. I paid almost half of what a mac costs but my specs are much higher. With what you will save on not buying a mac you can get several ipods. Compare these two

Yes, because one personal experience from an obvious PC troll is of course true for everyone. All 3.3 million people who bought Macs last year have, of course, all had them break and thrown them in the trash.

Or one of us is completely full of crap.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
Yes, because one personal experience from an obvious PC troll is of course true for everyone. All 3.3 million people who bought Macs last year have, of course, all had them break and thrown them in the trash.

Yup I agree.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s

oops never mind he got nuked......

Clay

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2
Its interesting that a troll would choose Sony as their example of a good PC computer
The myth of the Sony 'kill switch' - Telegraph

And since we are talking about personal experience I had 2 sony laptops fail just after the warranty expired(3 years) and four dell batteries (made by sony) die after 1 year. So I've sworn off Sony - I don't have a PS3, don't want a blu-ray and to heck with Sony Entertainment, when is the next root-kit going to be released? But I digress.

OP
A
Reaction score
im over PCs theyre just a headache. viruses, maintenance, im not saying theyre bad but if you dont have the time or dont want to learn everything about then so you can diagnose and fix them when something goes wrong there is no point. Mac are just so easy fast and can do everything. not to mention how nice they are. i already sold my pc(quad core 4gb ram 1tb hd) it was ok but im ready for a mac.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.