iphoto - burning a particular album

Reaction score
Hi,

I've got an album on iphoto that I want to burn separately from the rest of the photos I've got there.

For some reason, I'm unable to burn from iphoto but can on toast, so I tried doing it by going into 'my computer', then 'pictures' and selecting the album from there; however, when I went to check if it had worked, I got a message saying that it couldn't open them because the original had not been found.

Can anyone suggest a way of getting round this?

Many thanks,
GG :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
iPhoto is seriously flawed when it comes to this kind of thing, because of it's annoying file structure in the library, as you have found.
The easiest way is to make a folder on the desktop, drag the photo's into it, and then burn that folder in Toast.

C

chas_m

iPhoto isn't flawed; the user just doesn't know how to do this properly. It's not complicated. To create a universally-recognized disc full of photos:

1. Create a new (empty) folder on the desktop.
2. In iPhoto, select the photos of the album(s) you want to burn.
3. Drag them into a folder on the desktop (this creates a copy).
4. Drag the folder onto a blank disc.
5. Drag the disc to the "trash" (which changes into a burning symbol).

When finished, trash the folder on the desktop.

For those who find this too much of a chore, there's a free alternative: iPhoto to Disk.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
iPhoto isn't flawed; the user just doesn't know how to do this properly. It's not complicated. To create a universally-recognized disc full of photos:

1. Create a new (empty) folder on the desktop.
2. In iPhoto, select the photos of the album(s) you want to burn.
3. Drag them into a folder on the desktop (this creates a copy).
4. Drag the folder onto a blank disc.
5. Drag the disc to the "trash" (which changes into a burning symbol).

When finished, trash the folder on the desktop.

For those who find this too much of a chore, there's a free alternative: iPhoto to Disk.

That's exactly what I said to do :|

C

chas_m

That's exactly what I said to do :|

No, you said to burn it to Toast. That will work, of course, and this PARTICULAR user has Toast, but others may read this (correction: WILL read this), and wonder if you really HAVE to spend $80 on Toast to make this happen.

You don't. That's all I was pointing out (as well as mentioning a simpler FREE third-party alternative).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Okey Dokey then. Yes I was specifically answering the OP.

OP
G
Reaction score
Cheers...

...I'll give that a go.
It's pointless me going the iphoto route, though. Doesn't seem to work with me - don't know why!

C

chas_m

There are alternatives to iPhoto, including Picasa and ACDSee Pro for Mac (the latter of which is in beta) among others.

I would personally suggest watching the iLife video tutorials or finding a current book on iPhoto at your nearest library or omnimegabookseller and thumbing through those to get more of a handle on what iPhoto does and how it does it. Millions of people use it very successfully and its got many really nice features.

If you decide its just not for you, then its time to explore the alternatives.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.