Dead pixel, need advice please

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2016 MacBook (m5), 2013 macbook pro retina 15", 2009 MBP non retina 13", 2014 21" iMac
Hello everyone,

I am brand new to mac and am enjoying getting familiarized with my new macbook pro 13".

Ive only had it for a week but have noticed that i have a dead pixel (just one) in the center of the screen. Unfortunately, im the type of person where stuff like this drives me crazy!! :eek:

Ive read that Apple wont do anything unless you have numerous dead pixels but was wondering if you think it might be worth a trip to the apple store to see what they say. Its very slight but since i use the macbook for photography it is bothersome when im showing photos to people.

What do you think i should do and also, is there any software that works for fixing dead pixels (black)?

Another question is im wondering if they do switch it out for another macbook if the odds are just as good that the same thing will happen. (I know in photography that dead pixels on digital sensors are pretty much inevitable so going thru the hassle of swapping sensors out is not really worth it. Plus you can Photoshop the dead pixels out on an image but with a laptop its different).

Thanks for your input and suggestions and look forward to being a part of this forum.

my best,

rick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
| '09 24" iMac 3.06 8GB | '09 iPhone 3GS 32GB | '09 ATV 1.16TB | '07 23" ACD | '06 15" MBP |
Return it for a refund and order a new one online?

OP
greyhound rick
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2016 MacBook (m5), 2013 macbook pro retina 15", 2009 MBP non retina 13", 2014 21" iMac
Going to take it in today and see what they say!!

OP
greyhound rick
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Took my macbook into the Apple store today and they checked it over and decided to have me run a pixel repair program overnight to see if that would get rid of the dead/stuck pixel.

The gentleman at the Genius Bar told me that if that didnt work that they would replace the computer for me.

I thought that was a nice move on their part!

I just hope that if i do take it back that the new one they give me doesnt have the same problem!!

take care,

rick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.