Customize Menu's?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IBM PCjr, 4.77 MHz Intel 8088, 640K RAM, 5.25" Floppy, Basic Cartridge, PC DOS 2.11
Is is possible to customize the menu's in Mac OS Tiger? The mune in question is the Apple Menu in the upper left hand corner. I would like to add my applications menu to the apple menu. This way when I click on the apple menu, I can access the applications menu, ala Start Menu in Windows. This was I can create a keyboard short cut for CNRL ESC to open the apple menu.

Thanks,
Ray

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IBM PCjr, 4.77 MHz Intel 8088, 640K RAM, 5.25" Floppy, Basic Cartridge, PC DOS 2.11
Actually, the other solution for this would be to add a Keyboard Shortcut for CONTROL ESC to open the finder to the Applications view. I have been trying to do that without success also.

Thanks,
Ray

UPDATE: I have found that while in Finder, I can perform this task by SHIFT COMMAND A, but this is not a Global Shortcut and performs other tasks in other applications.

K

Kokopelli

You could also use QuickSilver and triggers. <CTRL><ESC> will not work but <alt><esc> will, or <ctrl>a, <ctrl><alt>a, etc...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.