• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

What's for dinner?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
What did you guys eat the night before?

I had seared tuna steaks last night and this was the end concoction. This one spent about 1 minute on each side then was sliced and plated. The mixture in the back is mayo and Sriracha's chili garlic sauce mixed up. Front is just a pile of wasabi that looks like a green turd with soy sauce running across.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
I dont have any cool pics but....I had a sandwich made from the brisket I spent 11 hours smoking over the weekend. Placed about 12 oz or so in a warm skillet with just a little Budwieser to steam it while I toasted up a nice hoagie bun with butter and garlic...

Clay

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
That is some very stylish plating that you got going on there, Village Idiot. Do you work in a kitchen?

Well, we were feeling undecided on dinner last night so decided to go with a couple of appetizer-type foods. I made hummus and warmed up some pita bread. The wife made a bruschetta (our own version) with Queen olives, Kalamata olives, tomatoes, crumbled goat cheese, and tossed it in a balsamic vinegar. We sliced a baguette and toasted it in the oven and piled the "bruschetta" on the slices. OMG! It was actually really easy and quick to make and tasted sooooo good! We're having leftovers tonight. (-: Can't wait! haha

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
I made some teriyaki-style rice.. chopped some green and red peppers, mushrooms, onions, half pound of bacon, and some spiced/seasoned chicken.

Nothing fancy, but it turned out better than I thought it would.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook : 2.26ghz,2gb ram and love it
I probably kill the thread here.

I go away for 6 months in 3 weeks time for military reasons. So we went to the Chinese buffet :Blushing:

This is my last one till September. I never eat fast food like burger king or any other type. My normal diet is high protein, mod carbs and mod fat. I run 3 - 7 miles per day. So my diet needs to be on top. The Chinese buffet is my vice.

OP
Village Idiot
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
That is some very stylish plating that you got going on there, Village Idiot. Do you work in a kitchen?

Well, we were feeling undecided on dinner last night so decided to go with a couple of appetizer-type foods. I made hummus and warmed up some pita bread. The wife made a bruschetta (our own version) with Queen olives, Kalamata olives, tomatoes, crumbled goat cheese, and tossed it in a balsamic vinegar. We sliced a baguette and toasted it in the oven and piled the "bruschetta" on the slices. OMG! It was actually really easy and quick to make and tasted sooooo good! We're having leftovers tonight. (-: Can't wait! haha

No. I have friends that do though and we usually get together and cook once a week. I just had an idea for the plating I wanted to try for a photo. I'm going to buy some plain white and black plates just for this though.

I probably kill the thread here.

I go away for 6 months in 3 weeks time for military reasons. So we went to the Chinese buffet :Blushing:

This is my last one till September. I never eat fast food like burger king or any other type. My normal diet is high protein, mod carbs and mod fat. I run 3 - 7 miles per day. So my diet needs to be on top. The Chinese buffet is my vice.

I'm the same way about the Chinese buffet. I've been losing a lot of weight so I stay away though.

I'm going to fix a salad tonight. I'll take pictures but it's not going to be anything as fancy as what I tried last night.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Last night, some kind of little stuffed pasta thing with bacon bits and alfredo sauce. Yum! My better half is a great cook.

OP
Village Idiot
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
Here is a list of topics already in existance on the same subject.

http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/anything-goes/134105-fantasy-dinner-party.html

Well there were no fantasy people at my house for dinner and from the other posters, it doesn't sound like they had Tatu or Mr. Rodgers over either...

One post one picture. I didn't care what other people were eating at the time and wasn't attempting to make a post that would keep running

More of the same...besides, this thread is nearing it's 2nd birthday.

Christmas has been over for three months.

So has Christmas eve.

Have you even read the last thread? It's from '05, the original poster is listed as a guest with no post. It has nothing to do with food really.

How many times have you jumped into the "Which MAC should I buy?" threads and posted a bajillion links to every other thread on this forum that referenced buying an Apple product?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
How many times have you jumped into the "Which MAC should I buy?" threads and posted a bajillion links to every other thread on this forum that referenced buying an Apple product?

Never actually. I try to answer the person's question. Even if it has been answered a million times before. I think the personal touch is nice. They feel like they are getting an answer from a human being and not some machine like post saying "press 1 to look at this old thread that might answer your question"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Never actually. I try to answer the person's question. Even if it has been answered a million times before. I think the personal touch is nice. They feel like they are getting an answer from a human being and not some machine like post saing "press 1 to look at thiis old thread that might answer your question"

I think that was VI's point...why start with this one ?

Clay

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
I think that was VI's point...why start with this one ?

Clay

I was just making a point of similar topics. And almost everyone on the forum has done it as some time for whatever reason. So if you want to bust my chops, open up a topic so we can bust everyone's chops ok :).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2009 Macbook Pro 2.26, 160gb HD, 2gb RAM, OSX 10.6; Emac 1.42ghz 80gb HD 2gb RAM OSX 10.5
Ok...so back on topic (or is it off topic)...I had subway (seafood sensation; son had a grilled cheese). My wife was at school, so she couldn't cook, and I wasn't going to cook just for me and the boy, especially when he had to be in bed two hours later.

Check this ish out, though! This is what I cooked for valentine's day (sorry, just had to share a pic).

Braised short ribs, parsnip puree, and balsamic glazed cipolini onions.

IMG00027-20091221-1912-1.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I wasn't trying to bust your chops , and agree a lot of people answer questions with links to posts that they feel are relative to the issue. With that said you have been on record stating that you disapprove of such posts , so while I guess I was answering for VI it was my curiosity as to why the change of heart that led to your post. I meant no disrespect at all and am sorry if any was taken.

Humbly
Clay

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
That looks nice Pope.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac
I ordered College Town Pizza. Mmm, they're probably the best pizza in Ithaca other than Sammy's, but Sammy's won't deliver up here. :(

Anyway, sausage, pepperoni, onion, and green peppers. Mmmmm. *drool*

That's some delicious looking tuna steak, buddy. Wish Katie was more into fish, I loooooove tuna steaks.

OP
Village Idiot
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
Had soup & salad.

Salad was nothing fancy. I did chop up a ton of fresh basil and use that. I love basil.

Soup was Campbell's southwest corn soup in a box. Doctored it up with crushed red pepper, some heavy whipping cream, salt, pepper, yellow pepper pieces, and cheese. Turned out fairly well.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2009 Macbook Pro 2.26, 160gb HD, 2gb RAM, OSX 10.6; Emac 1.42ghz 80gb HD 2gb RAM OSX 10.5
Had to eat out again last night. Jen was going to make lasagna, but the hamburger didn't thaw in time. Ordered from Pizza Hut...I know, I know...I prefer Russo's, but the closest one is about 45 minutes away.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac
Well, that College Town Pizza was delicious, but what it did to my stomach was beyond ungodly.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.