Do You Sync Your Cell Phone?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Do you sync your cell phone with your Mac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3 MacBook Air 1.7 i5 - also, Mac Mini and dead 12in iBook G4 (RIP)
I do HOPE to sync my phone with my iBook (don't ask - it's a long story!)

I have an XDAII, which runs Pocket PC... although it isn't on Apple's approved list of phones that sync, I have bought The Missing Sync to facilitate this...

However, having installed the 60-day trial of .Mac, iSync no longer works in the correct way for The Missing Sync to do it's job...

Tyring to pull .Mac off, so I can try to iSync my contacts, diary etc...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2 GHz, 20"
I have a series 60 Nokia phone which does not sync with Tiger... :-(

cheers - pistooli

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8Ghz MBP, 4GB RAM, 320 GB 7200RPM HD
I sync my Sony Z600 via BT. It syncs with Address Book and iCal but I wish I could sync with Entourage. Anybody synching with Entourage? If so, how do you accomplish this?

OP
schweb
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I have the Motorola RAZR V3 and sync it with my Mac with bluetooth. I'm so very glad that Tiger finally enabled bluetooth syncing with Moto phones. I've been a loyal Moto user for almost 10 years now, I just love their phones!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.4Ghz Black 4GB;iPod Touch 8GB;iPod mini 4GB silver;Logitech MX1000;
V3 is just too sexy

OP
schweb
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I totally love this phone. I got it last week as a replacement for my Moto V600. It's so small and flat. It's just so sleek looking and it certainly gets alot of attention :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, 8-Core 2.8Ghz, 10GB RAM, 2x1TB HDDs, iPod U2 Edition
My Nokia does BT.... but it won't sync. Which has actually been a real frustration for me. Hopefully Apple takes care of that before too long.

C

Cloudane

Yes :) I have a Motorola A1000 (3G phone/PDA) and sync the calendar to my work account as a portable appointment diary, and the contacts on my home account.

It wasn't supported on Tiger, but someone posted a workaround on 3g.co.uk which involved converting a P900 isync file to the A1000 spec and it works a treat now.

It's so much easier than carrying around a separate PDA, and both get charged at the same time of course. I do have an iPaq, but it's a pig to sync on Macs for obvious reasons. I haven't used it much since getting the Mac, I've only been paying for it for a year or two and it (the iPaq) feels like a waste of money already! (at something like £499 plus credit charges it isn't a small waste of money either)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac G5 1GB RAM Superdrive; 12" powerbook 512mb RAM G4 Superdrive
schweb said:
I have the Motorola RAZR V3 and sync it with my Mac with bluetooth. I'm so very glad that Tiger finally enabled bluetooth syncing with Moto phones. I've been a loyal Moto user for almost 10 years now, I just love their phones!

Same here. I have the same phone and feel the same way about Moto's. They are the best!!!

M

mpm73

I recently bought a Sony Ericsson T637 since it has bluetooth and I heard it worked smoothly with Mac OS X. I'm basically just interested in synchronizing my phone numbers, maybe one day I'll use GPRS but I'm not interested in that right now. I have a 15" 1.5GHz Porewbook running Panther, more precisely 1.3.9.

So here is what I do:

1. I turn on Bluetooth on my T637.
2. On my Mac, I click on "Set up Bluetooth Device".
3. I ask it to search for Mobile Phones.
4. My Mac finds my T637 phone, I select it and then I press "Continue".
5. My Mac connects with my phone, my phone asks me whether I want to add my Mac to "My Devices". I press "Yes" on my phone.
6. Then my phone asks me for the password that appears on my Mac's screen. I type it on my phone and then press "OK" on my phone.
7. At this point my Mac and my phone are actually connected.
8. My Mac asks me a few more questions: e.g. whether I want to use my paired phone with my Address Book, or whether I want to access the internet with my phone's data connection (GPRS).
9. Whatever my answer is, as soon as I press "Continue" on my Mac, the bluetooth connection is lost (even though my Mac congratulates me for having established a connection between my phone and the computer.

Now, if I stop at point 7 above and run iSync, then the address book on my Mac and on my cell phone actually do synchronize. But it's kind of weird, because I have to do that in the middle of the Setup process of a bluetooth device on my Mac. If I try to complete the setup, then the Bluetooth connection is lost. :mad:

Also, every time that I want to synchronize my Mac's Address book with my phone's I have to repeat steps 1 to 7, whereas I was expecting that I should do the setup only once, and that from that time on my Mac and my T637 would recognize each other automatically, without running the Setup utility every time.

Is anyone experiencing this problem with Sony Ericsson bluetooth phones?
is it related to the software in the phone? Any way to solve it? Please let me know.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.