• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

need to tweak audio somewhere in vid process

Reaction score
In the three "processes" below I need to insert a process to edit the audio track. Here is my current video process:

I have a DVD of my church service (recorded live on DVD recorder)

1.) I use a DVD ripper to do a very simple "pre-rip" edit (cut entry and exit material), the result being a "clean" single .vob file. I then burn DVD'a using the new .vob.

2.) From the same rip session (once the "in" and "out" points are set) I also rip two sets of flash (flv) files. One set is usually a single file which is uploaded to a web site for my flash player.

3.) The second set of flash files are ripped to 10 minute segments for youtube (by simply using "in" and "out" point "editing")

This quick and easy process is working well, but as stated in the opening... I want to "tweak" (bass, treble, perhaps pitch) the audio track for all three cases. What would be a cheap and easy way to do this? I can rip the files into most any format but I want as few steps as possible....

I'm somewhat new to video and your suggestions are appreciated?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
It sounds like you first need a compatible work flow.

1. Import video into a video editor. iMovie came with your Mac.
2. Edit the video as is.
3. Apply audio adjustments. iMovie (I'm looking at '09) only has 'Normalize Clip Volume'.
3a. Export audio in AIFF format at 48Khz and 16 bit, if I recall right.
3b. Edit in other application such as Audacity or/and Levelator. Both are free.
3c. Recombine audio and video.
4. Convert video to required formats.

OP
Reaction score
xstep..... thank you for your suggestion. I'll give a try... I really do appreciate you tips!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.