• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Have you seen the XP virus scan pop up?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook : 2.26ghz,2gb ram and love it
So while on Facebook I clicked on some app or something for a quiz. The next thing a screen pops up with XP scanning my system for viruses and saying that I am infected. One problem,, I have a Mac.:Evil:

This also happened to a friend and she near freaked out and even un plugged her PC without shutting down. Seems this has happened to lots of people using facebook. Has it happened to you?.

Reaction score
It's just an Ad using scare tactics so you'll go to the advertiser's website and download their software, which, of course, just happens to be all singing and dancing and can even make you a cup of tea.. Oh, wait! That's the "Pro" version :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
I dont use any Apps on there what so ever and i TRY to tell all my friends, (windows users) and they still wont listen.
I see them then i dont for a week or so because they popped on some link, or added some friend they dont know and they get infected.
When will people learn Grrrrrrr
So yes i have heard about them .... Glad they dont bother me :)

Reaction score
Man it seems that facebook might be becoming the infested pit hole that myspace now is.
I had a lady actually purchase that software, she told me the next day, and I was like NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! I ended up formatting her pc, and told her she needed to cancel her credit card and get with her bank about it. Ended up the supposedly virus software tried charging about $5k worth of stuff on it. Lesson learned, I told her you should never ever ever ever comply to something that pops up, even before this happend.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
I love those TV commercials for MyCleanPC.com

It's so funny that they have a vested interest in the presence of virus infected PCs.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
I love those TV commercials for MyCleanPC.com

It's so funny that they have a vested interest in the presence of virus infected PCs.

Except what's funny is they're showing at least 2 Macs in the commercial with XP on them.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.