Internet with Windows 7 used to work and now does not

Reaction score
Hi there,

I've been looking around for fixes and can't seem to find any... hope this isn't a repeat thread.

I have Windows 7 64-bit installed via Bootcamp on my 13-inch MacBook Pro that I got this September.

I made sure to put the Leopard disk in and install all the drivers when I first set it up. Everything was fine, but recently I haven't been able to use the internet. Both wireless and ethernet connections show up in the Network & Sharing Centre as being connected, with internet, but firefox / IE can't display web pages. This is the same on networks at home and at school... Luckily the internet still works fine on the mac side.

Any help much appreciated!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You mentioned a Leopard disk. Is this Leopard 10.5.8 or Snow Leopard 10.6.2? The reason I ask is that drivers for the 64 bit version of Windows 7 are not included with the Leopard disk. However, drivers for Vista are included and while some of them will work, not all do.

Updating drivers for Windows 7 x 64 bit may solve your problem.

Regards.

OP
R
Reaction score
Ah, this may be the problem. I do have 10.5.8 with 64-bit Windows... Tried to update the drivers with the Vista update but still no luck.

Another bit to add to the story: Windows downloaded and installed itself some updates. The Network and Sharing Center tells me I have internet access but both IE and Firefox tell me I don't.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.