Occasional Freeze.....

Reaction score
One more question -

I have my MacBook on a wireless network -

Sometimes I notice that the internet will freeze suddenly. When this happens, any applications are VERY slow to open (Pages, Keynote, iPhoto, etc - all hang for a minute or so before opening)....

I have found that if I shut the cover when this hapens, it takes a few second before the light on the front indicates the computer has gone to sleep. When it goes to sleep, I can immediately wake it up and the freeze seems to have reset itself and everything runs fine. This may happen 2-3 times per week.

I am just assuming it is something fishy with the wireless network here at home. Any thoughts on this? Thanks.

C

chas_m

Make a note of the time when next this happens, and then look at the log for your router (it keeps its own log) to see if that corresponds to a DDOS attack.

If you don't have a router, I would suggest turning on the Mac OS X software firewall.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.