Tiger, HP Laserjet, Print Server...help?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 1.83Ghz Core Duo, 120Gb HD, 2Gb Ram, OS 10.4.11/PowerMac G5 Dual 1.8Ghz, 1.5Gb RAM, 500Gb HD
I'm helping a local church change several of their computers to iBooks, and they have an HP Laserjet 1300 which is Mac Compatible, and hooks up via USB. What they want to do is set it up on their network via a Print Server so that any computer can print to it, including the iBooks. They purchased a Netgear PS121 USB print server box, set it to Static IP and it seems to work fine from th PCs. However, when we try to print from an iBook, the iBook will say that it's sending the print job, and the printer will blink like it's getting information..but then it fails to print. Is there anything specific we need to do in the Print & Fax Printer Setup to get this to work? Do we have the wrong Print Server? Is there an easier way to do this? We have one Mac running 10.3.9 and another running 10.4.1.

G

gtee

DakRoland said:
I'm helping a local church change several of their computers to iBooks, and they have an HP Laserjet 1300 which is Mac Compatible, and hooks up via USB. What they want to do is set it up on their network via a Print Server so that any computer can print to it, including the iBooks. They purchased a Netgear PS121 USB print server box, set it to Static IP and it seems to work fine from th PCs. However, when we try to print from an iBook, the iBook will say that it's sending the print job, and the printer will blink like it's getting information..but then it fails to print. Is there anything specific we need to do in the Print & Fax Printer Setup to get this to work? Do we have the wrong Print Server? Is there an easier way to do this? We have one Mac running 10.3.9 and another running 10.4.1.

I don't know if these pages are exactly what you require [as in regarding Print Server advice] but for general printing queries - this link is very helpful.
Hope it may help.

http://www.ifelix.co.uk/tech/macosx.html

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.