Importing new fonts into Iwork

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2x 2.2.26 quad core intel xeon,16 gig 1066 mhz ddr3,2x 24 inch monitors
Hi,
I'm using pages to put together cover artwork for a track I've built that I host on soundcloud, In an effort to make it seem more professional, I have all these slick new font's I've downloaded from dafont.com
However i cannot figure out for the life of me how to import them into pages & Iweb, Anyone slightly more techy than myself able to help...?

it would be greatly appreciated
Dan Brown.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, 4GB RAM, 250GB HD
I believe that all iWork apps get their fonts from the font book,
so press cmd-space (to open spotlight) then search fontbook.
Then click the small + symbol underneath the fonts column.

C

chas_m

Actually, iWork (along with every other program that accesses a font menu) uses the fonts found in three places:

a. System/Fonts
b. Library/Fonts
c. ~/Library/Fonts

Let's ignore System/Fonts completely. Don't go there, don't put anything in there, don't mess with it at all.

So, just like the rest of OS X, that leaves two areas:
1. Things that are accessible to all users
2. Things that are only accessible to your user account

If you want these new fonts to be "seen" by all users, put them in /Library/Fonts. If you want them to only be available to your account, put them in ~/Library/Fonts.

It's best NOT to have apps already running when doing this, or just quit and restart the apps if you did -- then they should "see" the fonts.

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2x 2.2.26 quad core intel xeon,16 gig 1066 mhz ddr3,2x 24 inch monitors
Hey Chas,
worked a treat thank you for your help, when I'm done I'll post you a link so you can see & listen to what you helped enable...many thanks
Dan brown

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Hey Chas,
worked a treat thank you for your help, when I'm done I'll post you a link so you can see & listen to what you helped enable...many thanks
Dan brown

Always interested in new tunes. Be sure to post the link.
Are you a Dj of sorts ??

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.