Bitmap Font Writer for Macs?

Reaction score
Hey all,

I'm new to Graphic design on Mac's (I'd previously been using Windows Vista on a Dell laptop). I had been using a Bitmap Font Writer on my Dell while using photoshop for an older Nintendo game font that cannot work using TT fonts. However, in switching over to my Mac I've come to find that no such bitmap font writer exists. Is there one out there that I'm not aware of? Is there a simpler solution to this rather than switching to the dell when I need the font?

Thanks in advance!

CobeSlice

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
what format are the bitmap fonts output to?

OP
C
Reaction score
I usually use the program listed above to save them as a .png or .jpg file and then I use photoshop to extract them from the background and place the full text as a layer on the image. The useful thing about the Bitmap Font Writer is that it creates the words for me so that I dont have to cut and paste each individual character.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Black 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM 320gb 7200rpm HDD Snow Leopard
try this. it's the website we used for Typography class to create fonts

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Black 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM 320gb 7200rpm HDD Snow Leopard
try this. it's the website we used for Typography class to create fontshttp://www.fontlab.com/photofont/bitfonter/

OP
C
Reaction score
I appreciate the advice, but there has to be an easier way to do it than spending $500.00 USD on a program I'm not sure can do what I need.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.