Attached MacBook Pro to TV...No Audio...

Reaction score
i am assuming i need a separate cable for audio...to get the video i used a mini dvi to vga adapter...in the back of my TV, there is a small port right next to the vga port and it says audio...looks like it can fit a pair of headsets...it isn't like red and white cables...can anyone give me a link to the wire i could use to get my audio on the TV as well? or even just the name of the type of wire i need

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
A small headphone jack should be audio out.

The red and white phono ports are for audio in, a headphone jack to 2 x phono cable is what you need. Use it to connect the macs audio out (headphone socket) to the TVs audio in (the red and white phono ports)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
Yup, this is what you want. Something along those lines.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac
Yea, if your MBP has mini-DVI, then you will not transmit audio through it. Mini Displayport, however, is just a proprietary HDMI connection, which will transmit audio when you go from mini displayport to HDMI. You need an audio transmission though. You might wanna check into Creative Labs wireless soundblaster for iTunes. Transmits audio from your mac wirelessly to an existing speaker system with a receiver through a USB port.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.