Screencast application?

Reaction score
I'm looking for a screencast application with which I can combine and edit images drawn on a graphics tablet (using Painter X) and separate sound track/s. Am working on a MacBook Pro running OS X 10.5.8 Is there one application which will do it all?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Black 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM 320gb 7200rpm HDD Snow Leopard
one of our professors records demos for his classes and he has to screen record with one app while recording sound ing another and then splice them together

C

chas_m

bassguy: ProfCast does exactly what you describe for your professors' scenario (which is why they call it that!) :)

Kertoon: Any screencast app can produce video that can be taken into iMovie later for soundtrack adding, but so far my favourite Mac app for making and editing screencasts (in a single app) is ScreenFlow. Haven't tried everything, but that's the best one I've found so far.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.