Boot Camp Noob

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac Core 2 Duo, 4GB 1067 MHz RAM, iPhone 4S
Hey guys, new to mac and glad to be. One question... I see a lot of stuff about bootcamp and all I really know its sorta just running windows on your mac? Any help or anything about this someone new should know? If some stuff is not compatible to open on a mac but then you run bootcamp you can open it? Is that the point?

Reaction score
^ Yep, what cwa107 just posted.

From my experience it is exactly like running windows like normal.

When it's good it's good but expect the normal weirdness you would experience everyday using Windows.

Reaction score
You could also try something like Parallels, then you could run Windows in a Window within OSX, bootcamp is an either or thing whereby you choose to boot up into OSX or Windows, with Parallels you can run both at the same time. There is even a free virtualisation tool called VirtualBox but I have no experience of this product bet only hear great things from the people who've tried it. So I just wanted to let you know BootCamp wasn't the only options for running Windows on a Mac, it all depends on what you want and how much your prepared to pay.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.