PDA

View Full Version : You guys know I'm fairly new at this. Looking for ideas

iNAP
05-24-2005, 06:45 AM
I purchased .Mac. Now I'm going to start a page with just desktop images for sharing with whoever wants them. I have already put a few on the page but I really have no idea what I'm doing ;) I even have some pictures there I got from some of you guys. Is there any legal situations I need to worry about? Is it ok to even mention this on here?
Like I said, I'm new. Any suggestions to help me. Would be appreciated Thanks
My page it here:NAP's Mac@.Mac http://homepage.mac.com/n.a.p/PhotoAlbum2.html
Any pictures to share send them my way I'll be happy to add them. If I can ;)

badmojo
05-24-2005, 08:19 AM
You look like you know what you're doing to me. Try dressing up your page a little or creating a photo movie and posting it.

iNAP
05-24-2005, 08:57 AM
You look like you know what you're doing to me. Try dressing up your page a little or creating a photo movie and posting it.

It's the program .mac provides, not sure yet how to do movies or dress things up but thanks for the good word. I would like to make it so different sizes are available to grab .Still trying to figure that out.

caribiner23
05-24-2005, 09:51 AM
... Is there any legal situations I need to worry about?

The only thing you need to watch out for is posting copyrighted pictures for distribution. It's not likely that someone would come after you, but it's happened-- at the very worst, you'll be told to take them down.

For a while, Fox was going after people who had Simpsons tribute sites. They were threatening legal action if certain things, mostly sound files, weren't removed.

None of this is meant to discourage you-- just be aware that you may be asked to remove something at some point.

iNAP
05-24-2005, 09:52 AM
thanks for the tip ;)

Reflow
05-24-2005, 10:14 AM
I purchased .Mac. Now I'm going to start a page with just desktop images for sharing with whoever wants them. I have already put a few on the page but I really have no idea what I'm doing ;) I even have some pictures there I got from some of you guys. Is there any legal situations I need to worry about? Is it ok to even mention this on here?
Like I said, I'm new. Any suggestions to help me. Would be appreciated Thanks
My page it here:NAP's Mac@.Mac http://homepage.mac.com/n.a.p/PhotoAlbum2.html
Any pictures to share send them my way I'll be happy to add them. If I can ;)

iNAP,

Can you sent me the desktop #34,7 I like to use them for my wallpaper

iNAP
05-24-2005, 10:37 AM
iNAP,

Can you sent me the desktop #34,7 I like to use them for my wallpaper

Just go to the site and drap them off onto your desktop ;) Not sure how else to do it yet. I guess if you send me your email in PM I can that way

EvoMac
05-24-2005, 10:43 AM
Looks good, however I'm thinking that #18 should be perma-deleted never to be seen again :mac:

iNAP
05-24-2005, 10:49 AM
lol I was wondering what you were talking about :lol

Reflow
05-25-2005, 10:38 AM
Just go to the site and drap them off onto your desktop ;) Not sure how else to do it yet. I guess if you send me your email in PM I can that way

You got mail

BurntSmore
05-25-2005, 07:18 PM
Hmmm, it doesn't seem to work for me...

Icicle
05-25-2005, 07:26 PM
me neither

iNAP
05-26-2005, 09:15 AM
Sorry guys I'm redoing it. Ran into a few howto problems, so I just erased and will start all over again. They will be back, with even a bigger selection. And hopefully different sizes. (no promises on sizes though) I'll give it my best shot. I'll let you know when it's back up ....Soon I hope! Wish me luck.......lol

Icicle
05-26-2005, 11:19 AM
Good luck. too bad we dont have somewhere where we could all share our best desktops.....

looking forward to seeing yours, Ill bet I have one or two on that list ;)

iNAP
06-01-2005, 08:48 PM
by the way I put it back up with about 180 desktop pictures to pick from, check pushpin album also Still trying to figure out how to do different sizes for all, any help would be welcomed ;)

Icicle
06-01-2005, 09:09 PM
I think it looks great, borrowed a few!!!!!!!

iNAP
06-01-2005, 09:17 PM
Thanks Kevin, always looking to add so if you guys want some added to showoff let me know ;)