How much memory??

T

ttn0001

Just switched from PC world...now I have a G5 D2.0 and 20" lcd (package price was hard to beat). I currently have 1G of memory installed. I plan to do video editing and photoshop on this mac. Is 1G memory enough or should I get 2G?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
1GB is probably enough to get you started, but I can definitely see you wanting more if you use it heavily.

I'd say it's your call. Give it a try with 1GB, and if you find yourself getting impatient while an effect renders, bump it up and see how that goes.

OP
M

menace3054

i would go with the two. you cant really think of it as 1 gb, but as 512mb for each processor. 2 gb is much better than 1gb, especially for use with the programs you have listed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4 14in
menace3054 said:
i would go with the two. you cant really think of it as 1 gb, but as 512mb for each processor. 2 gb is much better than 1gb, especially for use with the programs you have listed.

i never thought of it that way :dive:

OP
T

ttn0001

menace3054 said:

I thought the memory pool was dynamic to the both processor. Anyways, I just bought another 1gb from zzfly for $80...memory is getting cheap now.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.