• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Trouble with Audio Sync after DVD burn

D

dib1066

I have recently purchased a lacie d2 burner to go with the 12" powerbook running 10.3.9 with OT 7. I have Toast 6.1 titanium that came with the burner, the divx codex for quicktime so that it does play .avi files. The problem comes when I used ffmpeg to convert the .avi to mpeg and then burned it via toast. I lost audio sync once I played it on the standalone system. I tested the movie in apple DVD and on the movie player and the sound was in sync, not to mention the fact that when I played the .avi prior to the burn, the sound was also in sync. I have played some burned dvds that others have given me on this player and the sound was in sync, so there is obviously some step I am missing. Just to recap.

Right now I have:

A movie.dvd file consisting of audio_ts and video_ts from the ffmeg conversion. This is the file I used to burn in toast. Great video, bad audio.

I also saved all the video and audio files that came out of the conversion which were an .ac3 file, an .mpv file and an .mpg file.

When played the audio is only out of sync by what seems to be a few frames, what can I do to sync this up?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.