An emulator question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
AlBook G4/1.5Ghz 15" - Pismo 400 Mhz - MacBook 2.26 Ghz
Given the (still ongoing) wait for my Powerbook to arrive, I decided to go the odd way, and play with a Mac emulator. After some finangling (including some under-the-table pestering of a friend... don't ask...), I got BasiliskII up and running on both my Win7 laptop, and my Vista desktop.

I can fiddle around in the Mac desktop, but I can't seem to load and run any outside software. I grabbed some stuff (abandonware apps) from Mac Garden, just to see if I could get it up and running. I can get the files "unstuffed", but the executables won't execute. And one just came with .img files, and I can't for the life of me remember what to do with those... I'm not sure if I'm just totally botching things, or BII isn't comfortable running in Vista/Win7, or what.

OK, and as background, I had to download the software on my Win system. I set the Mac desktop in Basilisk up to allow me to see "My PC" on the Mac, and then I used that to copy the files over onto the Mac Desktop. Then I tried unstuffing them. I tried dropping the folders into the Applications folder. You could see the executables, but when you click on them, they give error messages.

I later tried to set up a new "hard drive", using HFSExplorer. It seemed to set up fine, and virtual Mac could see it and access it, but when I tried to drop stuff into it, it informed me it was Locked, even though it doesn't appear to be...

I'm seeing learning curves here. And it's been too long since I was able to play with these things... I don't have the patience/knowledge to do this anymore.

I've nuked BII off my Vista desktop, but it's still on the Win7 laptop. I may reinstall and try again later... (A freaking manual would be nice, but the manuals & tutorials online are largely useless...)

Ummm... Help...?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.