• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Why did she do it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
VZW iPhone 4 64gb Ipad 13" White Macbook * WD 500GB HD 80GB Ipod Classic
I'm on my way back to Washington D.C. on a Delta Flight and i'm using the Wifi service that is available. I just happened to open my laptop after using the lavatory. I sit down and the flight attendant is handing out drinks, accidentally spills soda on my laptop. Why! Luckily no damage has been done...I wonder what customer service would be like if I told them that one of their flight attendants spilled Sprite on my macbook...and I demand reimbursement for total loss of personal property

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Wow...that's a pretty scary mental picture. Many folks certainly use their laptops while flying...myself included...and I guess I never really gave it too much thought to put the laptop away as the beverage cart went by or as beverages were served.

Glad to hear no damage was done!:) With the airlines being so darn "cheap" these days charging for checked luggage, no food, $8.00 for pillows & blankets, etc...who knows how long it would take to collect if you had to make a damage claim...and if they would even ever pay!

- Nick

Reaction score
heh if i ever get a mac book i learned one thing put it in a bag when the lady comes by (or man but most of the time its a girl)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Early 2015 rMBP
Wow...that's a pretty scary mental picture. Many folks certainly use their laptops while flying...myself included...and I guess I never really gave it too much thought to put the laptop away as the beverage cart went by or as beverages were served.

Glad to hear no damage was done!:) With the airlines being so darn "cheap" these days charging for checked luggage, no food, $8.00 for pillows & blankets, etc...who knows how long it would take to collect if you had to make a damage claim...and if they would even ever pay!

- Nick

$$ for food, luggage, pillows, blankets,Looks like y'all need to fly Continental ;) DARN GOOD AIRLINE (no I don't work for them)

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
$$ for food, luggage, pillows, blankets,Looks like y'all need to fly Continental ;) DARN GOOD AIRLINE (no I don't work for them)

You can only fly Continental if they fly or have a hub at your local airport...and Continental does not fly out of all airports.

Also...most airlines (except maybe Southwest) eventually adopt some or all price increases their competition imposes. The airline industry is WAY too competitive...so eventually I bet Continental will adopt these (or some) of the new fees as well...so enjoy flying Continental while things last!;)

- Nick

S

SpinningCompass

I think it's what's called an oligopoly. If one cuts the price, they all do. If one raises the price, the rest wait to see what happens; if the price rise works, the rest follow suit. It looks like collusion but really it's just a hyper-competitive marketplace with only a few key players (if that's not a contradiction in terms). The petroleum companies are another example of an oligopoly.

I put away my laptop when the drinks cart comes by, not because I don't trust the flight attendant but because I don't trust the bozo in front of me not to put his seat back at the wrong moment. Flight attendants are trained to distribute food and drink with military precision, whereas any clown can fly coach. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

I'm so glad that both my local airport (SNA) and my primary destination (EWR) are Continental hubs. So I fly nonstop and get great service. I fly with Continental so often that I've racked up a good number of miles on my rewards account. Can't wait till Continental rolls out its in-flight Wi-Fi, then it'll be an even better experience.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
You demand reimbursment from the airline for their damages to your property. I think that's the only way you can go about it.

And personally I'm glad to fly Qantas in this country. Every drink handed out by them is sealed. Like in a box or a can or something. And you yourself have to open it. So the liquid can only get on a computer if they drop the drink and it has a hole in it or busts open. I know the cut price airlines here are not the same. I'm poor I know but I'd rather save up a but more and fly my prefered airline.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook(3,1): C2D 2.2ghz, 4g RAM, 10.7.5; iMac(12,1): 2.5ghz i5, 16gb RAM, 10.9.1; iPhone5S iOS7.04
BTW -- if an airline ever DOES damage your computer, or anything else, believe me, they won't give you money for it. If anything, they'll give you a travel voucher for the amount of its worth.

OP
p3ezi(moto)
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
VZW iPhone 4 64gb Ipad 13" White Macbook * WD 500GB HD 80GB Ipod Classic
BTW -- if an airline ever DOES damage your computer, or anything else, believe me, they won't give you money for it. If anything, they'll give you a travel voucher for the amount of its worth.

i would figure...but that wouldn't be acceptable yeah you can take a voucher but I wouldn't...and nothing happened to my macbook...just wondered...

Reaction score
That is horrible. I would be really upset if that ever had happen to me. Airline services today seem to be moving toward Burger King fantastic service.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.