iPhone 3G - White Faded Screen With Lines Across

Reaction score
Hello,

I have an iPhone 3G and its worked well up until now... Last week lines started to flash every now and then... but now its started to get more permanent... meaning that I can sometimes get the lines away by pressing the sleep button and holding it hard...

This problem usually comes when you have dropped you iPhone a lot but I have not... So I wonder why?

I have read a lot about the problem I am having (White lines are forming across the screen) and it usually means that you have to buy a new screen... But is there any other way?

All help will be very appreciated... :)
Thanks for you time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
You probably need a new lcd. If you feel like doing it yourself then you can buy one fairly cheap off ebay $15-$25

iFixit.com has a great repair guide online to take apart the iPhone 3G.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac,Macbook Pro
i think that you got dead pixels. Did you drop the iphone? Sometimes this could be fixed by a software. If you have some money and want to save your iphone then just buy a new screen just like batgsbeer said.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.