Wacom Bamboo Pen - what do I DO with it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Unibody
Hi all,

I'm posting this here rather than in peripherals, because I do understand how to use the text recognition aspects of my Bamboo Pen tablet. My confusion is around the drawing aspects. Sooo...

The MAIN thing I want to do with my pen tablet is mark up documents. I'm a writer and teacher, and teaching online classes, and would like to mark up student assignments and send them back with the handwritten remarks as if it were an in-person class. The only program I have that seems to work this way is Circus Ponies NoteBook, but even then the only way to get the marked up paper back to student is save as a pdf and send it that way. (That's after saving paper as a clipping in the first place...very roundabout.)

I want to "write" (draw, really, since I don't want text converted) directly into Pages. Does anyone know if this is possible?

I have it set to be able to write in any application.

On related notes...
- The Pen came with Corel Paint Essentials, but when I try to draw with the pen into it, it opens up a yellow box (like a sticky note), which I can draw on but then it immediately goes away and I have a blank canvas again.
- I've used Ink/InkWell (in Snow Leopard) and drawn on that and hit the "send" button - for example to put my real signature in an email. It seems to work - my signature is there in the email (gmail), but then when I sent it to myself as a test, the image of my signature does not arrive.
- Same problem with blogging - attempted hand-written blog post in InkWell (again, this is really "drawing" not writing, which is why I'm asking here - so forget I'm writing words, pretend I'm drawing), used "send", and it showed up in my WordPress draft screen. But when I previewed the actual post, it was just blank.

Any ideas about what I am doing wrong? I thought I could figure out my second set of problems by "drawing" in Paint then saving as jpeg or something, but I can't even get that far.

TIA!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Black 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM 320gb 7200rpm HDD Snow Leopard
My only idea is to make a screen shot of each page or try exporting as a pdf then import to photoshop and use the brush tool to do your corrections and then save and send back.

for your signature try signing your name in photoshop and saving it and the embedding in the email.

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Unibody
Thanks - I hadn't planned on needing to buy PS with this. We'll see...

Reaction score
hey there

did your problem solved?? because i have exact the same problem!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac, 13 MacBook Pro, 11" MacBook Air, 64G iPad, iPhone 4
I have used Wacom pens for some years on PC and Mac but have never got into using them for writing. Much easier to type my markup anyway and it is then easier to read. However - for graphics work it is unbeatable. I don't keep it connected to my Mac all the time as it takes too much desk space but it always gets plugged in when I want to process my photographs in Photoshop.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.