• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Alarm Failed...Hope. Exam is not Fail too

Reaction score
Today i woke up late for my college exam because my alarm clock on my cellphone seem to suck. I hope i didn't fail because i stayed up the night before studying till like 5 in the morning. Has anyone ever been late to their college exam (30 minute late)?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
No never and if you did not know your subject by 10pm the night before, then it is too late for you young fella!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube 450MHz, MacBook Air 11" 2013, iMac 21.5" i3, iPad 1,1 32GB
Don't listen to harry, he clearly is one of those people who actually works hard for a living!

I'm a student, so I know exactly what you're saying. I once woke up for my 9am exam at 9am. Ran to my bike, pedalled out of the saddle the entire way to university, and ran all the way to my seat. Took me 7 mins to get there. Adrenaline got me through the first two-thirds of that exam. I got a B, so I'm happy.

Perhaps 30 minutes is a bit much, but at least you turned up. I've seen students realise they are going to be late and just bottle it. Every mark counts.

Time for multiple alarms! I have potential alarms on two computers and my phone, and if necessary, my girlfriend and her phone!

Harry is right though, a good night's sleep really does wonders the next day.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
No never and if you did not know your subject by 10pm the night before, then it is too late for you young fella!

Couldnt agree more !

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
That's my biggest fear. As 613 said, it's time to invest in a second alarm. I had two for exams - one battery powered and one powered by an outlet.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPod Nano 4gb, 20" 2.66 GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB of ram, ATI HD 2600 pro
That's my biggest fear. As 613 said, it's time to invest in a second alarm. I had two for exams - one battery powered and one powered by an outlet.
Also be sure you set it too, that's my problem :Grimmace:

Reaction score
If we were late, they wouldn't let us in, "Too disruptive to the other students", they said.

Learn to wake yourself up automatically. It takes a bit of training, but if you work at it, you can tell yourself what time to wake up. It's harder to hit the snooze that way, though. Invest in an alarm clock with a battery, they almost all have them, in case of power outages.

Good luck, post exam.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13"
If it is something very important I normally have my iPod alarm set, my alarm clock, my phone, and a second alarm clock.

That never seems to fail me... =D

Oh.. and my alarm clocks wake up my dogs. =)

Reaction score
Okay. Now I'm scared here LOL. I get up at 5:30 (well okay, that's a lie, more like 20 to 6 with my cell phone alarm) every morning and then I spend about 30 minutes eating breakfast, studying, finishing up homework and then getting out the door to be at school by 7. And I walk about a mile and a half, rain, snow, sleet, shine.

Let's add stress to that figure, and here I am posting about it. College is going to eat me alive. However, I'm also looking forward to it.

What can I expect whilst in college??

Reaction score
Okay. Now I'm scared here LOL. I get up at 5:30 (well okay, that's a lie, more like 20 to 6 with my cell phone alarm) every morning and then I spend about 30 minutes eating breakfast, studying, finishing up homework and then getting out the door to be at school by 7. And I walk about a mile and a half, rain, snow, sleet, shine.

Let's add stress to that figure, and here I am posting about it. College is going to eat me alive. However, I'm also looking forward to it.

What can I expect whilst in college??

You'll have a blast and spend a fortune and not be able to remember the first 3 months by the time you get to the last 3. You'll learn to appreciate whoever it is that did your laundry for most of your life, and whoever bought your groceries. too. You'll have a pregnancy scare and throw up from alcohol poisoning at least once (those last two may, or many not be related). You won't do as well in the first semester as you thought you would, and you'll gain 15 pounds by Christmas.

Of course, that could just have been me.

If you spend your life worrying, you'll never have any fun, or take any risks, or learn what you are really made of. There is plenty of time for worry, now, you should practice just being excited.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
I always have a habit of setting the alarm for the wrong part of the day. Say I need to wake up at 7AM i always happen to put 7PM!

Reaction score
You'll have a blast and spend a fortune and not be able to remember the first 3 months by the time you get to the last 3. You'll learn to appreciate whoever it is that did your laundry for most of your life, and whoever bought your groceries. too. You'll have a pregnancy scare and throw up from alcohol poisoning at least once (those last two may, or many not be related). You won't do as well in the first semester as you thought you would, and you'll gain 15 pounds by Christmas.

Of course, that could just have been me.

If you spend your life worrying, you'll never have any fun, or take any risks, or learn what you are really made of. There is plenty of time for worry, now, you should practice just being excited.

The first and very last sentences I agree with. The "Freshmen 15" on the other hand..not so much, but anything is possible. And just the smell of anything alcoholic makes me want to gag. And I'm a guy, by the way, but that pregnancy scare could apply to any girlfriend I may get whilst attending college.

And the reason I'm so freaked and freakin' excited at this point are because my second semester grades are not where I want them to be due to a few things at home going on. Senioritis- the cure: not worrying and just getting it over with? :|
:Oops:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Learn to wake yourself up automatically. It takes a bit of training,

Totally agree with ^^
I can do it. If i want to get up @ 5am as i lay down i bang my head on the pillow 5 times and then think to myself for 30 seconds 5am,5am, 5am, 5am, and im never more than 5 min's off ....

Im glad i dont need to rely on alarms .. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.