Apple made me switch...

T

Tel

To my brothers horror, Henry (his 20GB iPod) had a stroke and refused to start anymore, it just showed a file with an exclaimation mark icon, so we went down to our local Apple store (Regent St. London) and that store is exactly what made me switch, after spending a couple of hours in there waiting for someone to see my brother I couldn't see one good reason as to why I was using XP, everything about the place just seemed so simple, so easy and worked extreamly well, I sat and watched an iPhoto seminar (being a photographer this excited me quite a bit) then we spent some time using their machines, I was supprised how fast and stable they were.

Finaly a guy come over to us and sits us down to see what the problem is, they asked for my brother name (only once I might add) found his details and then asked what the problem was, we explained it all, I explained that everytime I connected it to my laptop (the only computer in the house at the time) it crashed my laptop forcing me to physically restart the computer. He connected it to one of his iBooks and the exact same problem happened, the application froze up totally, 3 buttons and 2 seconds later and his iBook had closed the non-responsive application and returned happily to desktop, I could feel nothing but embarresment for my Laptop at home needing a restart. He tried again, same problem, he opened a rather large cupboard behine him, removed a small package and handed over a brand new iPod to my brother, 1 signature on my brother behalf and we was on our way with "Henry's Brother," I'm not quite sure why he chooses these names...

2 weeks later and my opertunity finally comes, my laptop dies infront of my very eyes, but I could feel nothing but happy about it, and hour later and I had placed my order for my new 12" iBook G4 and this thing has way exceeded my expectations, 60BG HD and 768MB RAM are the specs, the Tiger compared to XP is as smooth as a babys backside and the software is great.

So thats my story, I expect I'll be a Mac user for a long time to come. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
welcome to the forums!!!!!!! you will love your iBook

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Congrats on your new system and welcome to the forum. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
Welcome to the forums! That is a classic OS X advantage, application isolation in memory!

OP
K

kappa4life7987

Welcome, I switched too....My 12 inch PB is in FedEx's hands and should be here wednesday. So excited!
Josh

OP
J

jono4macs

The Big Switch

Luved the story. Hi from down under in Australia. I switched 12 months ago with a 15" Powerbook. Luved it. Just b4 Christmas got a 17" iMac G5. Cannot fault a thing about 'em. Stable and the ease of use and installation is fantastic.

I only use the MicroBloat machines for network training because I am doing a CCNA course.

Can't get enough of Mac.

OP
T

Tel

I just can't wait till I get off holiday when I can buy an AirPort Express station, looking forward to getting Airtunes on my Soundsticks II

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
I love that story so much. its always great when people just realize the vast differences on their own. welcome to mac-forums, feel free to make it your internet home, we're here if you need any help with it.:mac:

OP
B

badmojo

Congrats, mate! I'm a recent switcher too and so far I really like the Apple products. I don't think OSX Tiger is any easier to use than Windows XP, but it is much better and seems more tempermental. I recently performed a fresh, clean install of XP on my PC and 10 days later it's already crashing. Makes me sick.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
congrats on you new ibook! Welcome to the forums.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.