• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

How do i get a movie of of a website

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
My setup: 17in SD iMac G5, 1GB RAM & 12in iBook, 1.5GB RAM (Both computers standard config.)
I have a movie i wnat to download and add to a slideshow i am making for school. here is the link http://www.tvo.org/iqm/plastic/video.html# It is the first video on that list, the one that says Bullet-Resistance Vests.

I wanty to download it and make it into a quickTime or something so i can put it in the slideshow. Everytime i download it, it says video.html and if i try to change the ending to .mov or somthing it will not open.

Can anyong help me out here!!

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
My setup: 17in SD iMac G5, 1GB RAM & 12in iBook, 1.5GB RAM (Both computers standard config.)
THANK YOU!!!

and how did you do that??? (if you don't mind asking)

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
I just clicked on the video, which opened up the window in the web browser. I clicked on view source from the little window. I found what the name of the video file was, and I saw that the source code was saying that the video file was in the same path as the window that launched, so then I added the url to the video file, which was the title of the window from which I was viewing the source code in Safari, and I deleted the .html extension and added filename.mov to the url, and sure enough that did it.

I knew a semester of html would come in handy sometime.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
that is exactly how i would have done it. i think you can probably drag the mov into the address bar in safari too.

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
COOL i will remeber that for next time!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.