• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Has AT&T service improved in your area?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.4GHz, 160GB, 2GB,SD / Iphone 3Gs 16GB
Now it could be me, but has AT&T service improved? I used to only get 2 or 3 bars of service where I live at. Now I been getting the full 5. I was kinda thinking if it could be the iphone that I'm using. Because when I had the 2 or 3 bars of service I had a iPhone 3G and now I have a 3Gs. AT&T still have not provided 3G data service in my area but that's not a big problem to me since I have wifi at home. However, there is 3G data service where I work, so that's great.

So I'm just wondering if anyone else has noticed any type of improvement as with their AT&T service and iphone?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
My parents live in Tucson, AZ and they have AT&T. My mom said half of their neighborhood just moved up a step in the signal strength. Fortunately, it's the half my parents live in. I know they used to have horrible service at their house for making/receiving calls. She just got a smartphone a week ago so I haven't heard any comments from her yet on the 3g coverage in her area.

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
My parents live in Tucson, AZ and they have AT&T. My mom said half of their neighborhood just moved up a step in the signal strength. Fortunately, it's the half my parents live in. I know they used to have horrible service at their house for making/receiving calls. She just got a smartphone a week ago so I haven't heard any comments from her yet on the 3g coverage in her area.

I can turn my phone off and turn it right back on and it shoots right up to 5 bars. I just don't remember any of my other iphones or ATT phones doing that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15"MBP 2.66, 750GB 7200RPM HD, 8GB RAM; iPhone4S 64GB; 32GB iPad, White, AT&T.
Now it could be me, but has AT&T service improved? I used to only get 2 or 3 bars of service where I live at. Now I been getting the full 5. I was kinda thinking if it could be the iphone that I'm using. Because when I had the 2 or 3 bars of service I had a iPhone 3G and now I have a 3Gs. AT&T still have not provided 3G data service in my area but that's not a big problem to me since I have wifi at home. However, there is 3G data service where I work, so that's great.

So I'm just wondering if anyone else has noticed any type of improvement as with their AT&T service and iphone?

Where do you live?

Me, I live south of Richmond VA, and have noticed a slight increase in signal.

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I live in Janesville Wisconsin. About 30 miles south of madison Wisconsin.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15"MBP 2.66, 750GB 7200RPM HD, 8GB RAM; iPhone4S 64GB; 32GB iPad, White, AT&T.
Looks like we got a map for that1 LOL!

jah

Reaction score
work downtown denver financial district , gotten much worse

at home about the same, every voice call drops out

great job apple

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2009 MBP 2.26, 2008 MB Aluminum 2.4
I get great and always improving service just about everywhere in central PA

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2009 MBP 15 Inch, iPhone 4, iPad 2
I'm here in Dallas Texas. Well I live in Plano, but I'm always around everywhere here. For me and friends, personally it seems like it's only become worse. I have noticed better service in other cities though.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.