• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

How to forward mac email account to phone?

Reaction score
I have an HTC Hero and i would like to forward my Mac email to it. I setup my gmail account pretty easy as it comes with an app that is gmail specific but i am not familiar with POP3 setup or any of that.

With that said can anyone offer a quick tutorial on how you would generally forward your mac email to your phone?

Thanks in advance :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4Ghz, 2Gb, 160HDD & 10.6.2 / Aluminum Keybaord & Mighty Mouse / WD MyBook 1TB
Now when you say Mac email are you referring to .mac or a different email address you have just simply set up with the mac mail app?

OP
S
Reaction score
Now when you say Mac email are you referring to .mac or a different email address you have just simply set up with the mac mail app?

I believe i may have the wrong idea here. I had created an Apple ID and thought that it was also my .mac email account.

But as it looks i must purchase a .mac account? How may i obtain one?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4Ghz, 2Gb, 160HDD & 10.6.2 / Aluminum Keybaord & Mighty Mouse / WD MyBook 1TB
Yeah you have to pay for a .mac account. I assume you just want to know how to set up the email addresses you set up on your mac but instead now you want it on your phone as well.

Maybe this will help? YouTube - Sprint HTC Hero: Email Setup

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.