• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

help with an old sony video Hi8 handycam

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2- 24" iMac's. 3.06GHz 8GB Ram 1TB
i've got an old handycam and i was wondering if anyone knows how to connect it to a new imac. its got rgb, and an svideo connection port.

i'm trying to avoid having to buy a video8 deck.

thanks in advance!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
I have that 1st one....now I want the second !
But I can say the one I have works very well.
Clay

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2- 24" iMac's. 3.06GHz 8GB Ram 1TB
hey, really appreciate the quick response! thank you!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.