How to increase Windows XP disk size in Fusion?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 4GB RAM, 2.53 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 250 GB drive, Snow Leopard 10.6.2
I am running Windows XP in Fusion to use Outlook, Office and other tools at work. I had started with 20GB but have only some free space left now and want to increase the size of the disk. I have also been taking snapshots regularly as a precaution. I did a Google search and found lots of advice but the steps seem complicated. Do you have any practical advice for a mere mortal to get this done easily?

Cheers!
Andy

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I take it you set up a static disk size when you created the virtual machine? The default is a dynamic disk, which will grow as your needs do.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 4GB RAM, 2.53 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 250 GB drive, Snow Leopard 10.6.2
Since I had no prior experience with this beastie, I tought I would restrict it to a large enough size. I had not imagined I would use up as much space using Windows.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
With the virtual machine powered down, go into it's settings and look at the hard disks. It should look like this:

2010-02-09_0752.png

Do you not have the slider to increase space?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.