iTunes vs. other default player

E

ellaym

I know this topic has been danced around a bit but still want to hear from you internet radio streaming types. iTunes 4.x was supposed to fix this annoying bug wereby EVERY time you listened to an mp3 radio stream it downloaded a playlist, placed it IN YOUR LIBRARY, and left a copy on your desktop. after an evening of listening youd have to manually clean out the library and your desktop.

so i went to the audion player (which i love), but ONLY for streaming radio, to avoid this, and use itunes for everything else. i selected audion as my DEFAULT HELPER for internet radio, and ran Onyx maintenance to clean out all plist files etc...

but ALAS, clicking on a radio stream (eg, from shoutcast) STILL opens itunes as the default every time, doing the above library and desktop thing.

short of manually trashing iTunes preference files (which i am loathe to do in case i screwup something else that is not broken and works fine), any thoughts on how to clean this up. i GREATLY appreciate any feedback.

:mac:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.